Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I ordered my Ballistic Black Africa Twin from Grantham Honda (UK) on Tues 9th Feb and was given a projected delivery date of 23 Apr - it arrived at the dealers on 14th Feb and I collected it on Wed 24th Feb, complete with high screen, heated grips and top box!

I'm still waiting for the centre stand, 12v socket and panniers and have been given a projected date of 18th Mar for these.

I have no idea why the bike came early, but i'm really pleased that it did. I part exchanged a CB500x, which I was really pleased with, but wanted a bit more power and a bit more comfort for the longer journeys. First impression - this bike is special! The steering is effortless, the bike wants to take itself around corners and feels so stable, it just inspires confidence. The gear ratios must be perfect because I'm changing gear much less than on the 500x and this just gives you so much more confidence when approaching bends and corners. As others have mentioned, the power is very deceptive and because of features already mentioned, it is very easy to be pottering around at illegal speeds without realising it. This bike is definitely a keeper! Big thanks to Mick Jordan (AT owner who works at Grantham Honda) for lots of good advice.

Chris :grin2:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd love to see close ups of the metallic black paint. Hard to tell what it's like based on some of the photos on the internet. They didn't have a black one at the bike show here.

Congrats! Hopefully the North American bikes arrive sooner, too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You didn't fancy hanging on 6 days for the new reg then ?
I think quite a few of us are collecting bikes next week on the 16 plate
Not that reg's really make any difference to much

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great in black - making me think if I actually prefer it to the tri colour I have on order.
Hope it puts many smiles on your face.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did exactly that, had Tri colour ordered and last week changed my mind to have the black one.....saw my local dealer thinking I would have to wait ages and he told me one had just come in in black DCT cancelled order, collect 1st of March...Result.... happy days......

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, the black does look great. It is a real stealthy looker. I was torn between that and the Tri in the end having initially been torn between the black and the red. I was a bit worried about looking after matt paint having never had it before though. I'm sure it's fine but I have OCD and love polishing nice shiny paintwork...

I went Tri DCT but the dealer sales guys reckoned a lot more people will be going for the black one when they see it in the flesh because it is so nice.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Lovely! The black matte looks similar to the flat/matte black 'asphalt' colour of the 2004 VFR800. Very nice!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I two changed my mind on color, I originally was getting a Rally but once I seen everybody going with the Rally I changed my mind to Silver.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I two changed my mind on color, I originally was getting a Rally but once I seen everybody going with the Rally I changed my mind to Silver.
You're like me, i like going for what people don't get. At times it forces me to consider going the custom route which with vinyl wrap isn't such a hard thing to do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've read / seen YouTube vids on a good way to look after flat matt paint is to use Windex (non ammonia version) and a microfiber towel (no water or regular car soaps). Research it yourself, but in theory it sounded like a winner to me. Hope this helps!

Reactions: tjjj2006

·
Registered
17 Posts
Black looks amazing! in a couple months, let me know if you want a brand new red and white seat instead! ha! I'm thinking how the black seat would look on the rally red bike : )

·
Registered
123 Posts
My red DCT is coming with black seat (high version). I will post photos when it arrives

1 - 17 of 17 Posts