Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in NorCal and proud owner of 2018 ATAS. Looking for friends to ride with on short trips. Taking this (covid-19) time to get my ride all fancied up with nice stuff and ready for an epic adventure this spring.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Located in NorCal and proud owner of 2018 ATAS. Looking for friends to ride with on short trips. Taking this (covid-19) time to get my ride all fancied up with nice stuff and ready for an epic adventure this spring.
Hi and welcome, hopefully someone will be in your area..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello, just purchased the 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT. Been riding Honda street bikes for 45 years. Gold Wings for the last 34 years, but they’re just too darn big for those small roads around the lakes. Tried out an NC700XD to see if I’d like an adventure style DCT, and I did. The lower seat position made the Africa Twin possible. I’m really enjoying this bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Hello, just purchased the 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT. Been riding Honda street bikes for 45 years. Gold Wings for the last 34 years, but they’re just too darn big for those small roads around the lakes. Tried out an NC700XD to see if I’d like an adventure style DCT, and I did. The lower seat position made the Africa Twin possible. I’m really enjoying this bike.
Hi and welcome to you also.

·
Super Moderator
3,079 Posts
Hey @TN-Rider - A BIG welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on acquiring your 2020 ATAS ES DCT. That is quite a beast. (Send pics!)

@FIRE UP also came from the Gold Wing life, so I am sure there are many stories to be shared.

I come from mostly the inline-4 life (with a few V-twins inter-mingled) and thought I'd try the NC750XD for a daily beater. I too found the DCT impressive, and began a tormented journey of not buying the AT. It appears I became fully tormented.

Lots of decent folks here at the Forum. Look around. Sip some coffee. Enjoy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey @TN-Rider - A BIG welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on acquiring your 2020 ATAS ES DCT. That is quite a beast. (Send pics!)

@FIRE UP also came from the Gold Wing life, so I am sure there are many stories to be shared.

I come from mostly the inline-4 life (with a few V-twins inter-mingled) and thought I'd try the NC750XD for a daily beater. I too found the DCT impressive, and began a tormented journey of not buying the AT. It appears I became fully tormented.

Lots of decent folks here at the Forum. Look around. Sip some coffee. Enjoy.
Thanks @Double Thumper. I too considered the NC750, but I wanted to hang on until Honda designed this phantom NC750 AT hybrid that I keep reading about. However, reality set in. After riding flat sixes over 1200 cc’d for years, my NC700XD just did not have the “umph” I was so used to. Once I went to the dealer and test road the 2020 CRF1100LD4 in “wimpy” mode I was hooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts