Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself to the forum. This Friday I will be purchasing a slightly used 2017 AT / DCT through a private sale. Over the past 10 years I have been riding sport touring bikes with drive shafts, so the first order of business is to get up to speed on chain maintenance and dealing with tubed tires, but I know any assistance will be close at hand through the group.

I will check back in soon to report my initial impressions with my new DCT bike.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tubed Tyres - You won't notice any difference till it comes to puncture time or tyre replacement.
Chain Drive - carry on your drive shaft ways by firing a chain oiler and forget it (I recommend Cobbra oiler with Scottoiler dual injector)
Lastly...
Enjoy yourself and the bike :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome DV470!

I agree with zippysworld. If you’re already familiar with bike maintenance you’ll figure out the twin.

I take delivery of my ATAS hopefully this week and can’t wait for the first ride. Ride safe and enjoy the adventure!

Bookem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts