Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and this style of riding. I have about 15 years on bikes, mostly sport and standard. Kids are out of the house and I was looking for a new hobby. I went in and looked at the BMWs and after some research and talking to a friend who has tons of time on adventure bikes, I ordered the 2020. Its in route to Alaska where I live. I still have to wait for the ice to clear off the roads as well. I'm here to learn and find more ways to spend money!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and this style of riding. I have about 15 years on bikes, mostly sport and standard. Kids are out of the house and I was looking for a new hobby. I went in and looked at the BMWs and after some research and talking to a friend who has tons of time on adventure bikes, I ordered the 2020. Its in route to Alaska where I live. I still have to wait for the ice to clear off the roads as well. I'm here to learn and find more ways to spend money!

Chris
Hi and welcome

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Had a path cut in the packed snow to the road, was watching some melting, anticipating the drive home. Then woke up Saturday to dumping of snow and a call, its here! Sadly I have to trailer it home but ill be doing circles in the garage!

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yeah, bad winter memories. Well, I suppose there is this:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, rain is fine, just can't handle the ice....unless I stud my tires. Sidecar for winter?

I'm just excited. The bike is just the icing on top. Everything is coming together (albeit slowed by this virus) house is on the market, I'm looking for a 5th wheel to call home. Dreading driving to lower 48 in a truck and not on my bike this trip. Just gonna save every penny I can for the next few years and retire! Already have the garage in the trailer planned. Maybe the first with a bike lift! Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Haha, rain is fine, just can't handle the ice....unless I stud my tires. Sidecar for winter?

I'm just excited. The bike is just the icing on top. Everything is coming together (albeit slowed by this virus) house is on the market, I'm looking for a 5th wheel to call home. Dreading driving to lower 48 in a truck and not on my bike this trip. Just gonna save every penny I can for the next few years and retire! Already have the garage in the trailer planned. Maybe the first with a bike lift! Lol
i hope it all goes better then you even planned..
Rain is no issue with me either, I’ve ridden in hail and rain so bad that you couldn’t see more than a couple of yards from in front of you...

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hope it all goes better then you even planned..
Rain is no issue with me either, I’ve ridden in hail and rain so bad that you couldn’t see more than a couple of yards from in front of you...
Yeah, its been years since I did that. I lived in the southern US and so many fair weather riders! I rode 12 months a year! Loved it. I try to stretch it out up hear as much as possible. Hope this virus clears up soon so we can all get miles on. Was planning on a jun ride to the northern most point in ??

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Put a couple hundred brisk miles today. Will try to do more tomorrow and remember to snap some pics. Slowly getting back in the groove. So far I love this thing!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts