Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
not a DCT, but it will have to do :D ...also time to change that avatar picture ?

or is the AT your street only bike, and the mighty GS is for off road ?

·
Registered
Honda AT Manual 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a DCT, but it will have to do :D ...also time to change that avatar picture ?

or is the AT your street only bike, and the mighty GS is for off road ?
I bought this one to travel with it too. Time will tell which one I prefer;). Just had the bike so my avatar shall change in the future.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I bought this one to travel with it too. Time will tell which one I prefer;). Just had the bike so my avatar shall change in the future.
that's nice, I like "two of each" (or three or four...)
just out of curiosity, did you demo the DCT ?

p.s. don't forget to watch the game today Bel vs Can ;)

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
Welcome from NL/DE,

I can understand that you have the manual and not the dct. I have a dct and also a manual gs and sometimes I use my rear brake when I drive on the gs. But I like them both but to be honest when I read on the gsforum about reliability of my 2018 gs then I don,t know or I stay happy.

·
Registered
Honda AT Manual 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome from NL/DE,

I can understand that you have the manual and not the dct. I have a dct and also a manual gs and sometimes I use my rear brake when I drive on the gs. But I like them both but to be honest when I read on the gsforum about reliability of my 2018 gs then I don,t know or I stay happy.
My 2014 GS has 205000kms now and has been everywhere from Nordkapp to Pamir and never had a problem.
Motor vehicle Odometer Gauge Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 Africa Twin DCT
162 Posts
That is good to see I think that sometime what I read on that forum sounds for me a little bit as beancounting. (Miereneuken).
Remember, the people you hear the most are people who are not happy with something. People which are happy with something are mostly riding around, and will report back maybe once in a few years, because then something might have broken down or they finally take the time to type something.

My 2014 GS has 205000kms now and has been everywhere from Nordkapp to Pamir and never had a problem. View attachment 77250
Now that's a properly used bike!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,355 Posts
Hi and welcome __

1 - 17 of 17 Posts