Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello from SoCal Big Bear CA.
New owner, waiting delivery of the bike.
Checking out the forums so I can spend even more money. :wink2:
Welcome! My wife and I have been looking to buy a cottage in the area. Where did you get the bike from and what did you order?

I've been watching lots of parts, just waiting to narrow down some decisions before I pull the trigger on the important stuff.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Welcome!

Socaladam,
I purchased from HYR in Redlands. They were 100 bucks cheaper than John Burr in Fontana and closer. They were cheaper because of less labor charged in setup and install of extras.
I am going with the Manual version and because it had to be ordered (the 2 in showroom were already sold) I asked if they can try to get the White/Red/Blue. But that might be hard to get they said?
I did go with full luggage, a GPS mount, Honda Crash Bars and Honda Heated Grips (Hey, I live in Big Bear after all...).

They are telling me 2-4 weeks lead time...seems the bikes are a HOT seller.

My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours, if you are ever riding up in Big Bear look me up. Always looking for people to ride with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My coworker and I are planning a ride in the near future. He has a vacation home in the area and rides a KTM990.

I was able to score a manual 17 HRC tri color (r/w/b) here in San Diego for a great price.

I'm waiting to see if AltRider will make good with their full cage along with other goodies.

I still need barkbusters, bar risers, center stand skid plate and a high front fender kit from CamelADV, AltRider or Tusk (Tusk is the most cost effective).

Also need to get my 12V port installed, but waiting on the heated handgrips (OEM) only IF they can resolve the weak heating issue.

Might end up with some extra lighting, but not 100% on that yet.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah that's right I asked for center stand too... that one I have to say come on honda not stock??? LoL. Well I hope they can deliver sooner than later as once you put that deposit down and sign the papers itching to ride it passed the 600 mile first oil change.
Even if I don't have it soon ping me if you like to do some mountain twisties. My standard bike is a concours and always open to spinning up my home turf...
As for fire roads I know them pretty well from the seat of my pickup but can't wait to see them from the AT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts