Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After studying for 1 year finally I decided to buy AT DCT over a GSA and I am looking to upgrade with all the Armors .
Mine is a 2017 Africa twin DCT, would like to get the best protection such as Engine Guards upper and lower and skid plates for now.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Ride Safe /Ride Long:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have been running AltRider products. The crash bars have held up very well and the silver looks great IMHO. They use an 1 1/4 lower tube which is the first area of impact as the bike is narrow down low. I have the DCT and looked hard at designs to protect these areas. Other companies exist and most are in the same price range so I suggest doing your research. Check out the AltRider web page to understand the methods of their design. They focus on bolting the crash system with through hole mounting points and then to the frame to disperse the impact through solid parts of the crash bar and then to the frame. It made sense to me and there are a few posts on youtube where folks have used other products and then changed to AltRider. I also purchased the skid plate, it is almost double the area of the stock skid plate and has also seen the abuse I have put it through. The only complaint I have is the added noise that is reflected up to the rider from the skid plate. I can live with hearing the exhaust if I am not replacing cotly parts. AltRider is Seattle, WA based, American made and the staff has been amazing. Not a paid advertiser but a happy customer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You may also want to check the garage section in the forum as others do off load their parts at a discount and for various reasons. Most cases, they are selling the bike and attempting to get a better deal on the aftermarket parts than a stealer will give on the trade in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you all, thank you for your input.
ANY recommendations for hand/knuckle guard, I want some thing sturdy and useful and designed Just for AT,DCT. otherwise ACerbis and Bark busters have good reviews but they are Generic.
hank you
Ride safe/Ride long

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi . B&B Dakar bashplate from here in oz. Absolutely awesome build quality. And the guys are just about the best to deal with. Why buy separate engine bars. All in one's the way to go. Altrider upper crash bar on there too. And bark busters a must. Hope this helps m8.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Ennsync,

I really like my setup, i have full engine protection, fans from the radiators, fairing and the handguards.

B&B Offorad, from Australia,

Outback Motortek

and Hepco and becker

I've dropped my bike a lot, and no damage to the bike.

Cheers!
Looks amazingly sturdy < I think I got the winner for skid plates.
Thank You,
Ride safe :smile2:ride long

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello ,all.
There are some posted on ALIExpress, price are very in expensive , quality probably questionable.
I am going to order skid plate from B&B Offroad Australia, as I am sure it will take good care of lower compartment( for skid plate and engine and DCT cover) hand guards will be barkbuster.
I am now undecided about a upper crash bar , I prefer something looking like OEM light bar , is there here any recommendations for the best quality? ALT R, H&B and out back all received good review , but I never tried them , My VStrom has a GIVI and I will avoid them in future, again, for your experience , which of the following would be a best for look and usefulness and functionality?
Thank you
Ride safe/Ride long

·
Registered
5 Posts
The altrider upper bars I reckon are really good. Very strong and rigid. I always feel conflicted however. On one hand we want plastics and tank etc to be well protected but the energy has to go somewhere. So what about the frame ? Anyway... I went with altrider.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Ennsync,

I really like my setup, i have full engine protection, fans from the radiators, fairing and the handguards.

B&B Offorad, from Australia,

Outback Motortek

and Hepco and becker

I've dropped my bike a lot, and no damage to the bike.

Cheers!
Hi there could you pls post more pictures of the setup you have? I am also interested in the same set up as yours. Thanks in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts