Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just joined the forum but not gotten my Africa Twin yet.... it's coming this spring. I'm in the shopping phase and I'm finding some pretty good deals on 2017 models that are still on the floor but I may have to travel to get it.

I have my first question; will the AT fit in a Honda Ridgeline truck bed with the tailgate down (it's 6'6" with the gate open)?
Maybe I should just ask, what's the length of the AT from the front of the front tire, to the hub of the rear tire?

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have a Ridgeline as well. I haven't put it in the back yet though. I brought mine home in the winter on a trailer. I have seen videos of the Ridgeline (current generation) with dirt bikes in the back.
My guess is it would fit with the tailgate down and strapped in well.
If it helps I rented a flat motorcycle trailer from UHaul for $25 a day - great deal and easier.

Reactions: The professor

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Ridgeline as well. I haven't put it in the back yet though. I brought mine home in the winter on a trailer. I have seen videos of the Ridgeline (current generation) with dirt bikes in the back.
My guess is it would fit with the tailgate down and strapped in well.
If it helps I rented a flat motorcycle trailer from UHaul for $25 a day - great deal and easier.
Ok, that's a good idea, I'll check into availability where I'm going. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a chevy with a 6' 5" box my AT will fit in the back with the gate closed if I angle the bike across the box ,it will fit in straight with the gate down with room to spare, so you shouldn't have a problem fitting it in your ridgeline.
OK, that's good to know. The u-haul option is good, but I'd rather not use a trailer if I don't have to. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts