Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a white/multicolor DCT model last november. It arrived January 25 and I picket it up Jan 27. My 2001 Africa is now for sale at the same dealership.

I've ridden about 300kmts in the first week and its an incredible bike. I race in an old CBR250RR so of course my first sunday I took it to the track to break it in. Never over 3/4 gas and always in fully automatic mode and I still beat everybody except a pro in a SuperMoto.

In case you cannot see the uploaded images, here is a link: http://imgur.com/a/zLZgU

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I ordered a white/multicolor DCT model last november. It arrived January 25 and I picket it up Jan 27. My 2001 Africa is now for sale at the same dealership.

I've ridden about 300kmts in the first week and its an incredible bike. I race in an old CBR250RR so of course my first sunday I took it to the track to break it in. Never over 3/4 gas and always in fully automatic mode and I still beat everybody except a pro in a SuperMoto.

In case you cannot see the uploaded images, here is a link: http://imgur.com/a/zLZgU
Hi ekaftan, and welcome. I love your comment about " and I still beat everybody except a pro in a SuperMoto" now by looking at your pictures, just imagine once you get more confident on the AT and you tip it into corners like you would your CBR, why you will even beat the SuperMoto :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ekaftan, and welcome. I love your comment about " and I still beat everybody except a pro in a SuperMoto" now by looking at your pictures, just imagine once you get more confident on the AT and you tip it into corners like you would your CBR, why you will even beat the SuperMoto :) :)
I went into the track with the tires still looking brand new... The front one still looks new but the rear already lost the 'hairs'... I will need a lot of practice to be able to lean into the front tire more. More miles right :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I went into the track with the tires still looking brand new... The front one still looks new but the rear already lost the 'hairs'... I will need a lot of practice to be able to lean into the front tire more. More miles right :)
Hahahaha, now, I am no expert in road racing, but I'm sure you will also need better tires than the OEM Dunlops :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahaha, now, I am no expert in road racing, but I'm sure you will also need better tires than the OEM Dunlops :)
To be competive, of course. To have some fun and outbrake a couple of R6s they are fine.

I am amazed on how good stock brakes are. After a couple of laps I had the confidence to just stand on the front brake and go from 120kph to 40 in 20 meters... much, much better that the old Africa's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi EK,what top box is that.it looks nice.will it fit a full face.did u get panniers for yr bike and what crash protection hv u on.u cld pain that bike British racing green or ferrari red,then no bike will catch u?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi EK,what top box is that.it looks nice.will it fit a full face.did u get panniers for yr bike and what crash protection hv u on.u cld pain that bike British racing green or ferrari red,then no bike will catch u?
Its a Hepco and Becker Xplorer... it fits a full face plus a lot more... its huge!

I also got a full set of crash bars, also hepco... the dealer sold and installed all before delivering it to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts