Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow bikers. I've been enjoying the diversity of biking experience on this site which led me to join. I recently sold my ST1300 and my NC700X, as a result, I'm looking for a do all replacement.

I'm settled on an AT Adventure Sport. Being old school I want to dive head first into the latest technology and get on with it while I still have enough active brain cells left to use it properly. With 50 years of riding experience, I'd be lost without a shifter and clutch to play with, so no DCT.

I am ready to pre-order a 2022 when the US model colors are announced. Really like the glacier, red and blue. Hoping European models stay the same.
I feel this model will have all the developmental improvements in place.

I do have a question about the AS model concerning the effectiveness of the dynamic suspension, on and off road. I see the electronic dampers on the forks, is there electronic damping on the shock too, or only a ride height adjuster?

I modified the suspension on my NC with gold valves and an Aprilla race shock sprung from my weight. This transformed the bike on and off road. I'm hoping the AS is just as good.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,262 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome.
Preload is set front and rear independent of damping. Overall suspension can be set Hard/Med/Soft/Offroad then front and rear can each be set -/Med/+, according to the manual...

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Greetings fellow bikers. I've been enjoying the diversity of biking experience on this site which led me to join. I recently sold my ST1300 and my NC700X, as a result, I'm looking for a do all replacement.

I'm settled on an AT Adventure Sport. Being old school I want to dive head first into the latest technology and get on with it while I still have enough active brain cells left to use it properly. With 50 years of riding experience, I'd be lost without a shifter and clutch to play with, so no DCT.

I am ready to pre-order a 2022 when the US model colors are announced. Really like the glacier, red and blue. Hoping European models stay the same.
I feel this model will have all the developmental improvements in place.

I do have a question about the AS model concerning the effectiveness of the dynamic suspension, on and off road. I see the electronic dampers on the forks, is there electronic damping on the shock too, or only a ride height adjuster?

I modified the suspension on my NC with gold valves and an Aprilla race shock sprung from my weight. This transformed the bike on and off road. I'm hoping the AS is just as good.

Any input is appreciated.
NO ya wouldn't. I too have been on two wheels for well over 55 years and I very, very graciously welcomed the DCT. I've shifted ten bazillion times in my life and, well, at least for one of the three bikes I have, I don't have to shift it. I can dance around slow speed parking lots and make tight turns on trails without any fancy clutch work. But, this is just me. Everyone needs to satisfy themselves on two wheels. But, I would suggest, if you haven't, at least TRY a DCT before the final decision is made. Good luck.
Scott

Reactions: Woodswalker

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will definitely do so, had a recluse on a cfr450, saved a few levers. The duel clutch is brilliant. Just put a deposit on a manual adventure sport. There is time in my life left for the auto...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts