Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my AT last Saturday and I am having a great time riding it. Only 350 miles so far, but mostly evenings after work.

One thing I noticed is that it is really loud riding it. I have some pretty good ear plugs (like, I can't carry on a conversation), but still pretty loud. I tucked my head in behind the windscreen and the noise level and wind swirling really decreased. I was thinking of a taller windscreen, but after reading the thread about swegotech forkshield, I wonder if that would be a better way to help. I'm 6 ft 3 in tall, so when I ducked my head down, it also goes forward and maybe in front of the turbulence coming up.

Any advice?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello from another Corvallis AT rider. I'm 6'3" and am getting the tall touring screen. We'll see if that solves the problem with noise. I recently messed up my neck and noticed how much I'm fighting wind at highway speeds which tells me how much I'm working. So, the tall screen it is. Let me know what rides you're enjoying in our area. Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, I know what you mean about the noise, I tried a shorter shield but that didn't help, went to a 3 inch taller which is marginally better. I use earplugs and what helmet you are wearing can change the noise levels. I figure with this style of bike you just have to accept the fact it will not be Goldwing quiet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts