Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my AT toward the end of July and am just now getting around to introducing myself:laugh:after already being on the site for a little while and posting to a few threads.

I had been in the market for an "Adventure" bike going on four years before I test rode the AT; lucky for me I have other motorcycles that kept me sane by keeping my demons at bay! I test rode many other adventure bikes over the previous years while I was trying to get my brain around how big is big enough and how small is just right for off-road riding. One 32 mile test ride in July on the AT is all it took for me to be convinced this is the right bike. Although I didn't go off-road during the test ride, I could tell it was begging to go off-road.

To date I have put 4,300 miles on the bike and it never disappoints me whether cutting through the woods on two-track trails or carving some paved twisty's through the mountains!

My goal is to wear out the stock tires and get some Continental TKC 80's on it (if they ever become available for the rear:crying:!) Hopefully after recovering from my upcoming shoulder surgery the tires will be available and I will be ready to ride again in early spring!:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hv u done any long spells on good roads.is the AT the best of both worlds.im waiting on mine,hopefully in new year.looked at KTM 1290,Ducati Multi,BMW?No.first two,to muck technology,scares me a bit.BEEMER TO COMMON and doesn't giv me that Fizz.hope I'm making right choice.its great to read stories of ye guys that hv got your AT and hv all the possitives

1 - 4 of 4 Posts