Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just took delivery of a brand new 2022 Africa Twin AS DCT. So far it is awesome. IT seems kind of hard to vary the RPMs during tiebreak in period with the automatic transmission. So, I'm just taking it easy and only aggressively accelerating occasionally. 85 miles so far.

I have two questions. I'll mention them here and maybe post separate questions (after searching) in the appropriate forum location. I did search the fairing issue but the threads aren't exactly on point.

1. My AT goes straight down the road but the fairing/Instrument Cluster is about 2 degrees to the left. Everything works and seems tight and I don't see any obvious indications that it is not straight on the tank. I am dropping it off at the dealer Saturday for the cases to be installed and they will look at it. I just wondered if there was and adjustment or something that can make the fairing line up with the road?

The second question has to don with protecting the tank from my tank bag. There are many threads that cover this and they have given me lots of options to try. Thanks for that!

Thanks for having the forum I know it will be very helpful going forward.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,001 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
2022 AT AS ES (non-DCT)
51 Posts
On my last three bikes, it looked to me that the fairings we're slightly bent to the right (even the AT). After several measurements with the tape measure I convinced myself either my eyes are messed up or it is an optical illusion of some kind. Maddening though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi All,

I just took delivery of a brand new 2022 Africa Twin AS DCT. So far it is awesome. IT seems kind of hard to vary the RPMs during tiebreak in period with the automatic transmission. So, I'm just taking it easy and only aggressively accelerating occasionally. 85 miles so far.

I have two questions. I'll mention them here and maybe post separate questions (after searching) in the appropriate forum location. I did search the fairing issue but the threads aren't exactly on point.

1. My AT goes straight down the road but the fairing/Instrument Cluster is about 2 degrees to the left. Everything works and seems tight and I don't see any obvious indications that it is not straight on the tank. I am dropping it off at the dealer Saturday for the cases to be installed and they will look at it. I just wondered if there was and adjustment or something that can make the fairing line up with the road?

The second question has to don with protecting the tank from my tank bag. There are many threads that cover this and they have given me lots of options to try. Thanks for that!

Thanks for having the forum I know it will be very helpful going forward.
You can vary the revs by using the up and down triggers in automatic (DCT) then once you stop using them the bike will take over. There is no need to change to manual to use the triggers unless you want to... 👍

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry..the triggers are on the left handlebar cluster marked '-' and '+'. You won't see the '+' trigger sitting on the bike but you will feel it with a bit of practice. It's where the full beam flash button would normally be.. Hope you like the bike..😬

1 - 7 of 7 Posts