Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why next spring? I thought the UK was getting it in December?

What's the off road riding situation like in the Highlands? Are there many places to ride? I now live in Seattle, USA but spent many wet weeks in Ullapool in my youth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So, did you have to trade in your bike now in order to get the Africa Twin next spring? Or is that what you are planning to do come time?

Scotland is beautiful and I always have wanted to ride there when I see the pictures.

I'm surprised you might not hold onto the BMW since its getting old enough that if you wait a bit longer it could seem retro instead of just old.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered bike in Edinburgh and advised by dealer that they had not been informed of availability at that time (about 3 weeks ago) but were anticipating stock coming in about end of Feb / beginning of March. Given winter weather in the Highlands of Scotland and being 250 miles from Edinburgh, I am quite happy with these dates.

Off-roading is supposed to be great in Scotland (from Borders to Highland regions) but I have never been tempted on the Beemer. My brother, who is also buying an Africa Twin, is always trying to get me involved and maybe I will give it a go.

Passed through Ullapool a few weeks ago on the Beemer and it was a beautiful sunny day - great ride! Maybe you wou will get back one day(?)

stormy1954

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trade In

So, did you have to trade in your bike now in order to get the Africa Twin next spring? Or is that what you are planning to do come time?

Scotland is beautiful and I always have wanted to ride there when I see the pictures.

I'm surprised you might not hold onto the BMW since its getting old enough that if you wait a bit longer it could seem retro instead of just old.
I have traded in the Beemer - been spending a fortune over the last 3 years keeping it maintained (more than the bike was worth probably!). Couldn't afford to wait for it to be retro!

I shall miss the old girl but looking forward to the new bike - still to decide whether I go for DCT.

Stormy1954

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hate when that happens, and i have a few buddies that got lucky and decided to sell while the bikes they had were still issue free, although at that time its tempting to still ride!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Just googled your location because I wanted to see what kind of trails is close to you and now I'm so jealous.

Can't wait until you get your AT and post up pictures of your adventures on it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have traded in the Beemer - been spending a fortune over the last 3 years keeping it maintained (more than the bike was worth probably!). Couldn't afford to wait for it to be retro!

I shall miss the old girl but looking forward to the new bike - still to decide whether I go for DCT.

Stormy1954
hey stormy welcome to the boards!!

The best part about Hondas is they don't really break and when they do, they're like lego, just find something that fits!! (ok hyperbole ;))

·
Registered
359 Posts
hey stormy welcome to the boards!!

The best part about Hondas is they don't really break and when they do, they're like lego, just find something that fits!! (ok hyperbole ;))
One of the reasons I can accept the idea of owning something KTM, rather go with what keeps my 2 wheels on road!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts