Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an owner for a 2016 Dakar Red standard model DCT for almost a year now, absolutely love it!

Hoping to meet fellow owners, share some knowledge and hopefully get some ride outs!

Here are my mods thus far;
Full Outback Motortek Crash Protection (Sump Guard, Engine Lowers, Engine Mids and Upper Bars)
SW Motech PRO quick release racks with SW Motech ION cases (37L and 45L)
Plug N Play loom for AUX lights and power socket, Kit also modified to suit Rigid Dually Spots I bought separately (deutsch connectors), all courtesy of Craig at africatwin.co.uk whom I highly recommend!
E Scottoiler
Barkbusters
LOMO DryBags
Scorpion slip-on can (modified to suit by myself)
Fat Foot for side stand (A whole £8 from China ?)
Fender Extender
Brake Pedal Enlarger (Another whole £8 from China ?)
DRC Ultra Wide Enduro FootPegs
Seat re cut lower than OEM low seat and filled with Medical Gel and Memory foam, Original Cover reused and an 'Africa Twin' etching added, Courtesy of Hurley Custom Seats whom I also highly recommend!

Great to meet you all ?
Kyle

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Kyle, i picked up a AS 2 weeks past. Traded in my 1200 explorer. Used Hurley seats for my fatboy seat, great job. Will wait and see how I get on with stock seat first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kyle, Just up the road in ML3. Welcome, had my 201 ATAS for just over a year now but quite as much work on it as yours. Sounds great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kyle, Just up the road in ML3. Welcome, had my 201 ATAS for just over a year now but quite as much work on it as yours. Sounds great.
We will need to get a coffee whilst the weather is still before the season kicks in! (Although I've still been out lol)

Send me a pm and we'll arrange something ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We will need to get a coffee whilst the weather is still before the season kicks in! (Although I've still been out lol)

Send me a pm and we'll arrange something ?
Will do Kyle, planning a few days trip over Easter up North. Bike has been stuck in the garage for the last few weeks due to the weather but needs a leg stretch soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not all that far away from you folks, I am near Appleby in Cumbria. I am however Scottish, born in Springburn and brought up in EK. I don’t pick my new (used) bike until Friday, but looking forward to it. Maybe see you around and about. If you fancy a wee tour around the lakes, where I live is a decent starting point.

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Not all that far away from you folks, I am near Appleby in Cumbria. I am however Scottish, born in Springburn and brought up in EK. I don’t pick my new (used) bike until Friday, but looking forward to it. Maybe see you around and about. If you fancy a wee tour around the lakes, where I live is a decent starting point.

Hi and welcome
Please post some pictures of the bike when you get her.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good to me (y)
Hi Chaz, we can all meet up when the weather gets a bit better, East meets West maybe on the border at Harthill Services lol.....
Are you guys on any sort of social media? just to get chatting and organise some stuff for when this lockdown is over.
If you's are interested I have found some decent off-roading locations, nothing major just old quarry's and stuff,I'm still a novice off-roader

·
Registered
261 Posts
Aww come on thats not fair! how comes you Scotland dwellers have all the fun...thats it im moving, lol
Have fun when you can people, been saying Ill visit my uncle in Scotland forever but it just takes so long to get there id need more than a weekend to do it justice.
:)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Aww come on thats not fair! how comes you Scotland dwellers have all the fun...thats it im moving, lol
Have fun when you can people, been saying Ill visit my uncle in Scotland forever but it just takes so long to get there id need more than a weekend to do it justice.
:)
Time is just a construct we made up. Eliminate it, and you will be there. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts