Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined this group, I've got a tri-colour DCT, 3 months old and gathering miles in spite of the oncoming winter. I absolutely love it. I've been riding for 20+ years and after a long time on sports bikes I've returned to adventure bikes. I've done some off-roading here in Wales and was hugely impressed by what the AT can do - I was undoubtably the limiting factor. I'm looking forward to exploring Europe and Africa next year but after meeting an American guy in Wales planning to do the TransAm I'm looking at that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi best of luck with new AT.u mentioned wales.did u off road in that new Honda AT RUN outfit in wales.If so was it good and did u learn much.hv been thinking of headin across to wales for weekend course there.im from Ireland.no experience off road,not since I owned a rally chopper?.what kind of ridding do u do mostly on twin now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi best of luck with new AT.u mentioned wales.did u off road in that new Honda AT RUN outfit in wales.If so was it good and did u learn much.hv been thinking of headin across to wales for weekend course there.im from Ireland.no experience off road,not since I owned a rally chopper?.what kind of ridding do u do mostly on twin now.
Hi Rockie, yep, that's the one I did. Thought it was very good, I mainly booked do I could play with the at off road but not my own! Lots of rutted tracks, rocky tracks, water, plus some very cool roads in day 2. The instructors are great, it's not super structured but you get plenty of time riding and the area is awesome. Mainly using the bike for b roads and gentle off roading on byways and the like.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome.

Hope you get to ride the Trans America Trail. I think there are a couple of unpaved routes across the US north-south as well. And back country discovery routes in several western states.

Now you've got me interested in the Honda Adventure Center. Haven't been to Wales in a very long time, but I'll be in that part of Wales next Summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts