Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

Picked up my 2017 Africa Twin (non-DCT) back in October of last year and it's been such a dream.

I definitely find myself moto-commuting less on it due to its size (splitting can be a pain) but she's no garage queen - she's just the ride I take when I'm actually going somewhere. So far the best challenge I've taken it on is climbing to the peak of Santiago Peak. It was grueling on such a heavy bike being used to little 250s in the dirt, but it handled admirably and made for one helluva fun day.

Since picking it up, I've added the OEM crash/light bars, OEM hard panniers, bar/back risers, and a custom Corbin heated seat. Up next will be replacing the exhaust (torn between Yoshi and Akro), better light fixtures for night riding, and some electronic goodies up front. Maybe someday I will try and modify it into more of a Sumo, but for now, I have some pretty big motocamping plans lined up with it so that'll have to wait!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and your ATs better!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello! Very nice bike! Way to take it where it belongs. Also I spotted the Lucky Wheels sticker! Man I miss those guys!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is that fourth picture up at the top of Nacimiento-Fergusson?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, it's Santiago Peak.

Also I see you have an 84 VF500 Interceptor - that's too weird, I seriously just brought an 86 home 2 weeks ago. Buy all the tricolor bikes!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks like a great vista. I like the LA area for riding - plenty to do there. Yep, I've had that VF500 since 2001 - great little bike. Great minds think alike. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts