Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great site for information and helped me make my decision to get a new Africa Twin. Last week I was by a local Dealer that had a new 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES DCT in stock. It was the only one around and after doing all my looking and research it was much better to see it in person. The tri-color paint makes it one of the best looking new bikes I have seen. I've been driving bikes (mostly Honda's) off and on since I was young for more then 50 years. A few years ago I had got a new 250 rally and was enjoying it but found I was now driving more roads then trails and wanted something more. When the new Africa twin was announced it really had my attention. It had everything I wanted in a new bike plus some extra's that I could have done without. That "computer" is going to take awhile to learn. I picked it up and brought it home yesterday even though it is still a ways from riding season with the snow here. It will drive me nuts having it sitting in the garage and not being able to ride it yet. I will probably go sit on it every few days. I had ordered crash bars and a few other accessories and waiting for them to come in.

As was mentioned in another post I also found out that the licence plates do not fit on the Canadian bikes. They seem to be missing the metal plate / bracket that is on some other bikes that attaches to the back plastic. My Dealer looked into it and found the 2019's have the metal plate bracket that's needed to properly attach the plate and ordered one for my bike.

IMGP3146.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,526 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sweet ride!
Love the colors too, but then I’m partial to them since I have a 18 ATAS DCT :D
Been riding mine here in Michigan when the roads are clear of snow. Rode it to work today, just a little chilly 23*F/-5*C but it will be a heatwave on the way home 45*/7*

oopps sorry, didn’t mean to bum you out more, with me currently riding...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be awhile before I can take a ride as I live in a small town in a rural area and my driveway is the only thing clear of snow. I had gone for some rides on my previous bike late this fall when it was very cold but no snow. I had to dress like I was going on a snowmobile and without heated grips on the previous bike my hands eventually got very cold. Even with warm boots the feet eventually got very cold too. My sister has a place in Arizona and said if I really want to take a ride I should put it in my enclosed trailer and head down there to see them.

·
Super Moderator
1,526 Posts
It will be awhile before I can take a ride as I live in a small town in a rural area and my driveway is the only thing clear of snow. I had gone for some rides on my previous bike late this fall when it was very cold but no snow. I had to dress like I was going on a snowmobile and without heated grips on the previous bike my hands eventually got very cold. Even with warm boots the feet eventually got very cold too. My sister has a place in Arizona and said if I really want to take a ride I should put it in my enclosed trailer and head down there to see them.
AZ. Talk about out of the freezer and into the fire...
My commute to work is a bit over 20min. and at relatively low speeds,so about the time things start to chill down on me I’m usually at work, but the temps like today are kinda pushing it for not having electric gear. Really all I need is elec. gloves, got a GREAT coat so no problems there, legs and feet usually no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts