Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought my first chain drive bike since I used to ride Suzuki RM250 in my teens. I traded in a 2014 goldwing for a 2016 Africa Twin. I am 6'4" and the Goldwing and FB6 were both nice but just did not work for my size.

I was a Valkyrie Rider for a long time and put over 120k on my 98 valk. I am really enjoying riding the CRF 1000l and realize that while adventure touring is different than cruising this will not be too challenging once I get the hard side cases. :)

I Joined the forum to learn about new maintaining this bike, (very different than previous rides), Gear and new roads to ride. I have been foaming at the mouth thinking of going back to explore Colorado, Utah, the NW, Canada and not have to stop at the end of the pavement anymore :)

Thanks,
Sam

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
Hey Sam, Greetings from Colorado. When you head out this way, send me a PM :)

Congrats on the new AT. I can't speak much for maintenance. I need to see how the AT O-ring chains compare to those of my KTM 1190. Those seemed to last pretty well, even if I only cleaned and adjusted them once or twice a year out of spite. I know, I know... I am a bad man for not doing regular maintenance :)

We have a number of Gold Wing riders in our riding club, which is a mixed brand/style touring focused club. So up to this point, Goldwings and a NC700X have been the primary Honda representation in the group :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts