Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin DCT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group. I am picking up my first AT this Sat in Oregon. Being a California resident I am concerned about the restrictions with emissions. It’s a brand new 2020 DCT. Can someone please let me know where the emissions sticker is on this bike? thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
Hey @Kcboom10 - can't comment on state emission validation for a particular vehicle, but if it is brand new is that still an issue in the continental USA?

Nevertheless, welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new purchase.

·
Administrator
4,057 Posts
Can someone please let me know where the emissions sticker is on this bike? thank you.
The emission sticker is located under the seat. I believe it will state "This vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA and State of California regulations applicable to 2020 model year new motorcycles."

At least mine does, with the exception of it saying 2019 on mine :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome!

The only restrictions I've run into when bringing out of state bikes/car in.. (other than numbers matching the paperwork)
1. must have more than 7500 miles to be considered "used" in CA
2. If less than 7500 mi.. it has to have "California Emissions Compliant" sticker (which it should have anyway however you may have to pay 'new vehicle' taxes. You may also have to take the bike to a CHP office to have an inspection done. I suggest putting on the 7500 miles first.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Hello group. I am picking up my first AT this Sat in Oregon. Being a California resident I am concerned about the restrictions with emissions. It’s a brand new 2020 DCT. Can someone please let me know where the emissions sticker is on this bike? thank you.
Kc,
You won't have any problems with any emissions on that or any other new bike. EVERYTHING built, motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, spaceships, submarines etc. in the last 20 years is all 50-state approved. CA led the emissions charge decades ago and from that point on, all states have the same requirements. Hense, any vehicle/motorcycle built, can go to any state. Each state may have their own enforcement guidelines but, the emissions are all the same.
As for the label, well, you've been told where it is.
Scott

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,162 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Perfect bike for Northern California. Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything went perfect. Bikes legal licensed in California. DMV inspected the bike looking for three things. The emissions sticker with California on it. VIN and engine stamp. Super easy except writing the check. I was a little nervous from a previous bike I brought with less than 7500 miles and no CARB sticker. I was told that the VIN was now blocked and can never be registered in CA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kc,
You won't have any problems with any emissions on that or any other new bike. EVERYTHING built, motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, spaceships, submarines etc. in the last 20 years is all 50-state approved. CA led the emissions charge decades ago and from that point on, all states have the same requirements. Hense, any vehicle/motorcycle built, can go to any state. Each state may have their own enforcement guidelines but, the emissions are all the same.
Sco
Kc,
Scott
you were 100% correct Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
...they just waved my submarine right on through
I didn't have any trouble either with my space ship, it's OBD 1,000!
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.