Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. Picked up a left over, new, Africa Twin, Manual trans in white on Friday afternoon. I’ve been following the Africa Twin since it came out again in 2016 but had been riding Harleys with my buddies.

Fast forward to now. Sold my Harley a year ago and was personal motorcycle-less. Have two little boys who now have a quad and are getting a dirt bike for Christmas. Wanted to kill three birds with one stone. I want to commute, ride some easy going single track with my little boys and do some adventure riding with my buddies.

Test rode the KTM 1090 Adventure R and the Africa Twin. Chose the Africa Twin. I like the looks, the white red and blue with gold rims is iconic! I appreciate the simple maintenance schedule, the simple nature and lack of a bunch of electronics and the seat height and riding position. The motor is smooth and the exhaust sound is great, even stock. Plus I got it for several thousand less than the KTM.

Looking forward to many, trouble free miles on this bike!

Oh ya, and a buddy bought a brand new red 2017 Manual the same day!

I ride a 2015 BMW R1200RTP for work. I know what they cost to maintain and she’s a heavy pig. Compared to that machine the Africa Twin is a light weight!!

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome. Now comes the fun of making it "personal". I highly recommend a seat built by Don Weber in Albany a few miles east. He told me that I would be in after my first day-long ride. I made if 4 hours and was dying, so had him build my seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts