Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum @denkyem. My wife and I are hoping to make it over to Portugal next year!

Hopefully, your bike will arrive soon. In the words of Tom Petty, "The Waiting is the Hardest Part." :)
Thanks.
Do you know already what you will visit? If you want some tips, let me know 馃檭

They said to expect 3 months, but it could be less.
I've been wanting to buy it for almost 1 year, so waiting another 3 months isn't too long. The worst thing is that summer is coming and I have 2 weeks vacations at July :rolleyes:

Administrator
Thanks.
Do you know already what you will visit? If you want some tips, let me know

They said to expect 3 months, but it could be less.
I've been wanting to buy it for almost 1 year, so waiting another 3 months isn't too long. The worst thing is that summer is coming and I have 2 weeks vacations at July :rolleyes:
We would like to visit a few different areas for a possible move to Portugal for at least a few years. In an ideal world my wife, who is a dental hygienist and dental hygiene instructor, would love to get a position teaching Dental Hygiene at the University of Lisbon. But that is just the ideal.

But we would like to visit the areas south of the inlet in Lisbon and also a few areas near Porto. There is a small college town maybe 30 minutes or so outside of Porto... I am drawing a blank on the name now.

In 5-6 years time we are thinking about moving to Portugal for an unknown period, teaching position or not, and spend some time exploring and experiencing the area :)

So the visit would be a bit on early scouting trip.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Keeping鈥檈m Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
Hi and welcome

Reactions: denkyem

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome Carlos! You will no doubt love this bike! Did you order the Adventure Sports? Manual or DCT?
Hi Kevo.
Thanks.
I got the standard version, manual.
Black with Travel Pack + Higher Windscreen
I already tried DCT in some bikes (NC, XADV, AT) but I still prefer manual

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome. Lovely city you have there. Excellent food. My wife and I were lucky enough to get a great table at Ponto Final. No bungie jumping though.
That's an excellent restaurant, specially by the view.
I live in Lisbon for about 4 years now, before I lived 7 years in 脡vora, but I'm actually from Tavira.
I love every places that I already live, but they are completly different from each other. If I had to should only one, probably 脡vora. If you have any change to come to Portugal again, you should give it a try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts