Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a potential new owner.
I'm still on the fence about the DCT.
There are several left over 2017's at the dealers in both manual and DCT plus a few north of here that are set up nicely with low miles.
I expect to pick one up by in september.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have a manual but really liked riding the DCT. There's plenty of chatter and opinions here about it and on other adventure forums.
If you get a chance to try it make sure you do. It works really well and would be awesome if you're using your bike to commute. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up an old stock 2017 recently. Like you said, good deals to be had here in the PNW.

I got a manual transmission and couldn't be happier. I tried the DCT. It was cool, but strange. Took something out of the ride experience for me. But I think it's very much personal preference. I also wanted to minimize complexity, in case of a remote breakdown.

Great bikes either way. Go get one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was in the same predicament about 2 months ago here in AZ. Picked up the 2017 DCT and literally couldn't be happier. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey VF I am a former GL1800 and KLR650 owner.....soon to add the AT to my present garage with a CRF250l and CB500X.
It looks like the manual version is in my future...hopefully next weekend....I have been on a 7 day work schedule between my 2 jobs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am no longer potential.
I picked up a 2017 rally red/black/white today..

let the farkles fly!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up an old stock 2017 recently. Like you said, good deals to be had here in the PNW.

I got a manual transmission and couldn't be happier. I tried the DCT. It was cool, but strange. Took something out of the ride experience for me. But I think it's very much personal preference. I also wanted to minimize complexity, in case of a remote breakdown.

Great bikes either way. Go get one!
are those the medium size tusk bags?
do you have a pic from the back?

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts