Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
838 Posts
Hi and welcome. Looking forward to your ride report, I know the passes around Monarch, hope you got on some.

Reactions: Big Al

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome. Looking forward to your ride report, I know the passes around Monarch, hope you got on some.
We did the Million Dollar Highway (Red Mountain Pass) Wolf Creek Pass, Slumgullion Pass, and probably one or two others I forgot. A friend of mine that knows the area well guided us, we spent 7-8 days riding up there alone. Beautiful area!
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Plant community

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Plant

Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Tree

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

Cloud Sky Wheel Land vehicle Building

Cloud Wheel Mountain Sky Tire

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
838 Posts
Nice pics, I need to get back there soon. You need to go out there with a smaller bike next time, Alpine loop, Imogene, Ophir, Stoney, Corkscrew,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice pics, I need to get back there soon. You need to go out there with a smaller bike next time, Alpine loop, Imogene, Ophir, Stoney, Corkscrew,,,,,,,,,,
If I did that, I'd probably trailer it out there. It's a long ride from TX. We camped for a few days in Paonia at the BMW rally. That was nice because I could drop all of my luggage and actually ride. The Black Canyon was fun.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
838 Posts
We come from Illinois, so worth it. I've been wanting to do a big bike ride out there myself. Sounds like you had a great trip, jealous

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We come from Illinois, so worth it. I've been wanting to do a big bike ride out there myself. Sounds like you had a great trip, jealous
Yeah, we had a blast. Spent 15 days. Rode from Houston to El Paso, crossed NM into Clifton AZ, from there we did the Coronado Trail (191/Devil's Highway). That was great. Went through Monument Valley, UT, Valley of the Gods, Moki Dugway, and crashed in Bluff UT. From there we rode into Naturita CO for another night before heading on to Paonia CO. Somewhere in there we stopped in Winslow AZ and crashed in Flagstaff too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello all. I've just finished a 4500 mile trip from Texas around the 4 corners and home over two weeks with some friends on my '21 Adventure Sports ES. I've come seeking knowledge, but I'll post in the proper section. Let's see if I can get a pic posted... View attachment 73712 View attachment 73714
Awesome! Let's go, I have a 22 and ready to ride! I'm near Galveston

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,264 Posts
Hi and welcome, some nice pics..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts