Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow AT owners! My name is Sean and am from Holland, Michigan. I have owned my bike for 3-4 weeks now and have 4000 miles on it already and am loving it! So far I did a weekend camp and ride to Northern Michigan with fellow dual sport friends and a week long trip from Michigan to the Arkansas Ozarks with a group of 3 other Adventure friends. On both trips, everywhere we stopped someone would walk up and say it was the first AT they had seen in the wild and we would chat for a bit.

My stable also includes a 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 that I street and dragrace, a 2008 Kawasaki KLX-450R that I dual sport and do track days on my supermoto wheels, a 2001 Honda XR50 pitbike with a 140cc motor, and a 1981 Kawasaki GPZ1100 that was my dad's bike that I am restoring and turning into a resto-mod Eddie Lawson clone.

Here are some pics of my AT and a couple of my other bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sean! Lots of miles already done. I managed to cover 1500 in 2 months. I have spotted u are using bell adventure helmet how is it like on AT? Have you got a standard screen? Happy trails non the less! Warm greetings from Uk!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Sean! Lots of miles already done. I managed to cover 1500 in 2 months. I have spotted u are using bell adventure helmet how is it like on AT? Have you got a standard screen? Happy trails non the less! Warm greetings from Uk!
Atto - Thanks! I like my Bell helmet for a mid-priced adventure helmet. It is comfy and a solid helmet. It is heavier because it is plastic and not fiberglass, has a fair amount of road noise but breathes well (I wear earplugs anyway), you can not close the vents if it rains, and wish the shield was perfectly flat because the bottom edge distorts my vision when it is cracked open on the first detent. Those are minor things to me that I can tolerate for the price. I am sure a higher priced helmet would be nicer but it's hard to justify for a helmet I am going to be using in the woods and in the dirt a lot. It's going to get banged up and I am fine with that.

I am sure there is some great riding in the UK! Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts