Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while but today I picked up my new (2019 model) standard AT. Only done the 40 mile ride home from the dealer so far but first impressions are good. I'm not overly tall so it's a big old beast, completely different to my last bike which was a Harley Superglide. Only concern so far is the reflections / glare from the screen with the low sun we have in the UK this time of year, hopefully the aftermarket has a cure for this.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
Congratulations on your '19 AT acquisition BanjoKat.

I have seen glare on other bike instruments from low sun and yeah, it can be a pain. I have yet to see an elegant workaround. In the meantime, the glare is usually short-lived in my case as long as the riding line is not too straight. I have yet to experience it on the AT yet - but only because the issue hasn't occurred yet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I added my Garmin Zumo which as well as being a sat nav also displays the speed.. so, with its glare stomper sun shade gives me that most vital info as and when the main instruments are washed out by glare.. fortunately this problem is about to disappear as we roll over into spring. Only aftermarket items for the screen i would recommend you buy are screen protectors.. the transparent film that is pre-shaped to fit. The screen is made from a rather soft material that scratches very easily.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
Hi and welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts