Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good bye old friend... It's been a great 2 years and 22000 kms. (2017 CB500X)

(I guess this image of my CB500X on a trailer behind my truck doesn't show up since this forum FORCES HTTPS and my server is only HTTP.) Party pooper... but I guess I can attach then instead so imagine...

...but my new friend is much more adventurous! :grin2:

(...and this one of my new 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT on the show room floor with a SOLD tag on it because it's mine)

First one at my dealer. As soon as it was on the floor my sales guy called me. I was in the next day. Just have to wait for all the usual delivery things like waiting on the parts and for them to be put on, etc...

It snowed today anyway so no real rush except I want it in MY garage and not theirs so I can sit on it and learn the display settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I already do love it and can't wait to take delivery. When it was first announced a co-worker and I both said we were getting it. Honda addressed everything I didn't like about the previous model. I am a Honda fan but almost bought a BMW R1250GS last spring after doing a test ride of the F850 and R1250 GS but I really wanted to stick with Honda.

I got 20% off all the accessories I put on it. There isn't any after-market stuff for this thing yet so the Honda stuff will due. I like the panniers. I seen the Givi ones they are based on and they are well built. The only thing I am missing is the fog lights as in Canada they are not listed for some reason. Who knows. Honda isn't very good at customer service as a company but they make great products. My dealer is a good middle-person and I've never had a problem with them.

I needed a new helmet so I got a new Arai XD-4 red frost (pretty much the Honda one without the Honda branch on it). I don't mind investing in good gear. I ride a lot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome, I think you will be very happy with your new steed. Look to Baja Designs for aux lighting and forum members get 10% off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took delivery today. This bike is the first one sold from this dealership so everyone was taking pictures of it with the panniers on it. Once this snow melts I can ride it. :grin2:

Of course the weather was crap so it has now been properly christened Canadian style.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
Took delivery today. This bike is the first one sold from this dealership so everyone was taking pictures of it with the panniers on it. Once this snow melts I can ride it. :grin2:

Of course the weather was crap so it has now been properly christened Canadian style.
Sweeet, nice ride.. Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts