Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redzilla now has 900 miles on her and I love the vacuum cleaner torque its really fun. Only been on gravel a little and the traction control is strange just farts the power away but still moves forward. Not quite as fast as my 990 smt BUT moves out confidently with a bit of vigor, very fun!!
Tires so far great dry, loose on gravel and no rain yet in Seattle I know strange but it will come.
Light handling close to smt not sure which one I prefer smt feels low and small red large but very light. Actually feels lighter than smt but gives away 30lbs nice! Well that's enough hello to all now I have to pick out some panniers, oh joy anything in stock for this red monster??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Forget the III traction control. I find it actually dangerous sometimes. A U-turn across a dirt highway divider once had me farting away in front of an oncoming truck.

I have got into the habit of double clicking the TC button when I start now.

Post some pics in the showroom forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Squid 6,
Congrats on the bike.
I am near Tacoma. Got my mt in May. After many years on KLR650 lots of d/s, BDR and ADV. 3K mi on AT pavement only until install guards etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi guys. I got my red AT in Sept. I live near seabeck on the peninsula. If you guys ever wanna get together for a ride this spring over this way count me in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts