Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hard imagine somebody stealing a helmet, unless it was a very high-end model.

In general, who wants a helmet with a liner waxed-up with past sweat proteins and smelling like a used hockey jockstrap?

The other thought is those people are punks creating an inconvenience for riders.
....it's obvious you don't live in New Jersey:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
....it's obvious you don't live in New Jersey:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just need a cheap helmet and couple of those “ stink bombs” concealed inside the helmet, then let them steal it :poop:

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
Right? That is why I am hesitant to get one of those inflatable vests. I just know I would be that guy who manages to inflate himself at a gas stop :)
Yea but think of the fun if you replace the CO2 with helium, then a bit of twine tied to your foot ?

·
Super Moderator
969 Posts
I just have visions of doing a dismount and then "pop" and then stumbling because I was startled. Next thing I am rolling around in the ground like a bloated tick or that kid from Christmas Story.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
I just have visions of doing a dismount and then "pop" and then stumbling because I was startled. Next thing I am rolling around in the ground like a bloated tick or that kid from Christmas Story.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
ROFL or stepping between two fuel pumps when it goes off then getting wedged in between them..

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
I believe for the most part people are honest, BUT, some can be tempted. Then you got young teens, “not thinking” or “just to see if they can”, “on a dare“ the list for them can go on and on . These are probably the most likely to ‘ lift your lid” and pretty much any thing that can’t be broken by hand will work against them. Then I would imagine ther are the few that think of it as their profession, they would be hard pressed to stop with anything.
On that statement I’ll end with this;
Once a friend told me of their neighbor who had a nice vette, before he left on vacation he chained his Vette to the utility pole in front of his house, when he got home the Vette was down the street chained and locked (with his locks) to a different pole .. just to prove their point, if someone (especially a pro) really wants something in most cases they WILL get it..

·
Super Moderator
969 Posts
if someone (especially a pro) really wants something in most cases they WILL get it..
That is why I don't worry too much about what I use to lock mine. I think the most common scenario is where someone will try to pull up next to your bike while it is unattended and try to grab the lid and drive away. I think for the most part if they can't grab it easily in that moment, they won't make the extra effort.

Otherwise, anyone who is really determined to get it will.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know several people that have ridden into San Francisco that have had Helmets, Tankbags and even a set of MotoMusko panniers stolen off their bikes.

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
I know several people that have ridden into San Francisco that have had Helmets, Tankbags and even a set of MotoMusko panniers stolen off their bikes.
Thanks for the heads up, if I ever get out that way again I’ll be sure to make it an all day affair for anyone else but me to take any thing off my bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
... or lock things down that can't be untied or cut off.
I totally Agee with Cuch, they will just pass by anything that’s hard to get. But if they don’t;?I wanna make sure they worked their nuts off to get anything of mine and hopefully it also makes it a PITA to use if not useless to them..

21 - 40 of 45 Posts