Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
This discussion reminds me of the time I rode to Denver and parked in the Auria Campus parking lot to check out the Chalk Art Festival and snap some pics. I figured being a college campus lot with a lot of through traffic from students and non-students alike, I should be as careful as possible locking everything up.

So I put my helmet into that Helmet Safe Bag and locked that to the bike. I ran a cable through the sleeve of my jacket and ran that through the luggage rack on the back. All safe and secure right? Or at least as safe as I could make it, considering anything can be stolen. Yeah, except I took off for 4 hours leaving the keys in the ignition. :)

At least the bike and everything else was still there when I returned :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
This discussion reminds me of the time I rode to Denver and parked in the Auria Campus parking lot to check out the Chalk Art Festival and snap some pics. I figured being a college campus lot with a lot of through traffic from students and non-students alike, I should be as careful as possible locking everything up.

So I put my helmet into that Helmet Safe Bag and locked that to the bike. I ran a cable through the sleeve of my jacket and ran that through the luggage rack on the back. All safe and secure right? Or at least as safe as I could make it, considering anything can be stolen. Yeah, except I took off for 4 hours leaving the keys in the ignition. :)

Yikes! Well, at least what you didn't know during the time away appeared to not hurt. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts

Well at least you didn’t come back to everything locked up differently, a still warm leather, 75 extra miles on the bike, 1/2 tank of gas gone and 2 parking tickets to places you haven’t been...
then too you could of gone to get a bite to eat, just in time to hear the news of a big cause of an armed robber, just to look up and see a guy on your bike in your leather screaming down the freeway, on the TV.
aaah the tings that COULD of happened.. But luckily didn’t..

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Well at least you didn’t come back to everything locked up differently, a still warm leather, 75 extra miles on the bike, 1/2 tank of gas gone and 2 parking tickets to places you haven’t been...
then too you could of gone to get a bite to eat, just in time to hear the news of a big cause of an armed robber, just to look up and see a guy on your bike in your leather screaming down the freeway..
aaah the tings that COULD of happened.. But luckily didn’t..

Would have been my luck they would have cut the cables on the helmet and jacket and left those behind just to spite me as they stole the bike :)

Felt pretty stupid, but it was the first and last time I have done that :)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts