Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m installing a set of 10w drls using the adventure bike shop loom and switch. Have it all plugged and have an issue.

Switch on the drls and one side lights and one side flashes.
Switch off and back on again and the reverse happens.
Switch off and on the third time and they both light correctly.
Turn the bike off again and get the same pattern.

All help appreciated. Barry

All help appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is wrong is that the LED lights you have have different modes. Usually mode 1- solid bright Mode #2 flashing lights and sometimes mode#3 lower less bright mode. The modes are changed by turning the power on and off and on again. This selects the next mode. If both lights are connected on the same circuit when you power the lights on both lights power up at the same time. So if each light is on a different mode they will change to the next mode when powering on and off. You have to get both lights synchronized so they are on the same mode at the same time so when you turn them off and on they will both change to the same mode together and be in the same mode, either solid bright or both flashing or lower output if equipped with three modes. You will have to separate the lights from the common circuit and power each on and off independently until both are set to the same mode before connecting them together on the same power circuit.

I hope this helps

Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, back of the net. That’s it’s.
Now have they in unison. I’m guessing there’s no way of disabling flash mode so I’ll just set with the fog light switch (or buy new lights ......) now I know the looms perfect.

Thanks again

Barry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dan, back of the net. That’s it’s.
Now have they in unison. I’m guessing there’s no way of disabling flash mode so I’ll just set with the fog light switch (or buy new lights ......) now I know the looms perfect.

Thanks again

Barry
There are some YouTube videos showing how some people have disabled the flashing mode by soldering a resistor onto the capacitor inside on the small circuit board. Not sure what lights this fix refers to though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just wired my LED driving lights to the bright circuit so when I turn on the brights the drivers come on as well. Since I run the Kisan Path Blazer I had to wire a cutout switch for running during the daylight hours, as some people seemed to take exception to having not only the high-beam but the two projectors modulating at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts