Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've searched the forums and the youtube videos, but came up with nothing.
I bought the Skene - P3 Lights with Decelerometer & Turn Signals. Also bought the Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuze Panel and the Eastern Beaver Version 2 DL1000A/CRF1000 Brake/Tail Adaptor.

I was able to install the PC-8 Fuze panel no problem, but I'm really struggling with wiring up the lights.

1. I can get power to the lights but can not get the turn signals to work. Do I have to splice into the connections on the bike?
2. When I connect the Version 2 adaptor to the tail light the brake light stops working. How do i connect the wires to make the brake light work?

Can you help tell me what wires to connect where?

Let me know if you need any other info to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you look up under the seat under the pillion seat the wires for the tail light, running light, signals and brake lights are there. If you use Positap connectors you can try out the wires to determine which is which and the Honda shop manual has a wiring diagram that shows the colours and locations of the wires. The Skene wiring diagram should show which colour connects to which type of wire as well.
I added an AdMore brake light to my top case in pretty much the same way - a bit of trial and error to determine the wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look up under the seat under the pillion seat the wires for the tail light, running light, signals and brake lights are there. If you use Positap connectors you can try out the wires to determine which is which and the Honda shop manual has a wiring diagram that shows the colours and locations of the wires. The Skene wiring diagram should show which colour connects to which type of wire as well.
I added an AdMore brake light to my top case in pretty much the same way - a bit of trial and error to determine the wires.
Thanks for the reply. I just want to double check that you are you talking about tapping into the wires that are under the clear plastic cover not the wires in the connector that goes to the tail light. Right?

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
The ones labelled two and three in your photo, although mine didn't have a clear cover on them. That attaches back to the main harness. The one in the top right is only the brake light bulb and possibly the running light (though you could use those, too). I've attached the wiring diagram for colours.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts