Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is a simple answer to this one :wink2:
I have a Tomtom rider gps with the charging mount. Is there a bracket /adapter to attach the charging mount onto the bar above the dash at the base of the screen?
Still waiting for the heated grips, centre stand luggage to arrive at the dealer .

·
Registered
280 Posts
You should have a Ram mount in the box which fits perfect on the AT
Use the damping rubber too, cuts out the vibes!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am after exactly the same thing....I used the ram mount but I could only use the handlebars as a mounting point.
I believe givi are currently designing something that will be suitable

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am after exactly the same thing....I used the ram mount but I could only use the handlebars as a mounting point.
I believe givi are currently designing something that will be suitable
That's what I'm hoping, thought TT had a solution but doesn't look like it, fitting the ram mount to the bar across the base of the screen can't be all that difficult .......,can it ?
I need something before first service so dealer can wire it in when fitting fog lights and heated grips ....

What clamps the Tomtom to the cross bar on a GS or KTM ? Are they different to the AT ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just one thing, I've mounted my Tom Tom onto the bar above the clocks and it does produce a marked increase in turbulence when riding the bike ( for me anyway).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just one thing, I've mounted my Tom Tom onto the bar above the clocks and it does produce a marked increase in turbulence when riding the bike ( for me anyway).
Why more turbulence behind the screen ? Do you have the standard screen or something different ?
How have you got your Tomtom mounted ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Why more turbulence behind the screen ? Do you have the standard screen or something different ?
How have you got your Tomtom mounted ?
I was a little confused too, but if he says he has...he must have.
Not noticed it myself.
:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The area behind the screen has more of an influence on turbulence than what happens in front of it. it is for this reason that the screen has a large cut out in it and there are two further cut outs in the fairing, I believe it is to smooth out the low pressure airflow behind the screen, ie where you sit. Buy hanging a big sat nav in this area the flow is disturbed. I can only go on what I have found by yesterday to check I wasn't going mad I did some back to back tests and above 75mph it is smoother without the sat nav and it's mounts ( for me ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts