Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am an excited new AT owner and I need side cases. I've narrowed the search down to a set of Hepco & Becker Xplorer's with the cutout for the muffler or Givi's Outbacks 48L on left and 37L on the right.

I had a set of 37L's Outbacks on my NC700X and really liked then, but with a 48L and the high muffler I'm worried about the wider. The H&B Explorer's are 40L with the right cutout for the muffler, really like the looks and should be narrower.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

brian

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't have either of those setups, but I do have givi racks with kappa boxes, 46L and 37L. The asymmetry kind of bugged me at first but I got over it. The combination of cases and rack were such that I was going to be off about two inches either way whether I went with the larger case on one side or both cases the same size. I went with the one large case because I can use it as a topbox around town and my helmet fits. Having a set that is properly tailored to the bike's exhaust would be nicer.
A note on my box choice: I went with cheaper plastic cases for on road trips only. I plan on getting soft luggage (Mosko Moto) for more adventurous travel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies and ideas!

I spent all evening reviewing choices and just placed an order for the H&B Explorers!

Plus a few other farkles...much go to bed and stop spending money!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the replies and ideas!

I spent all evening reviewing choices and just placed an order for the H&B Explorers!

Plus a few other farkles...much go to bed and stop spending money!
I see you clearly did decide to get the new bike. I think you'll really enjoy it. I don't miss the frunk, and coming from the NC the power is a great compromise between super economical and high horsepower.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, finally pulled the trigger on a new ride! Loving the AT but still having frunk withdraw, but I'm sure it will pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts