Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined the dark side today!
Am going to look this week at a couple of ATAS & ATAS DCT in Albq.
Hoping to get a good “deal”...
Still wondering what everyone/ anyone paid recently for their bikes?
Longtime rider here, owned everything from a streetlegal XR650R in Baja, to a GS100 & HD’s.
Live in the high desert now & love to rode-trip, & explore dirt and gravel, motorcycle camp trips into backcountry up to Colorado.
Been reading everything I can find on reviews, specs, and comparisons to other brands, have wanted the AT for a year or so, now gotten serious, ready to pull the trigger.
Wondering about the tall seat height of the ATAS (I am 5’10 185 lbs) and the DCT versus the manual clutch- do you love your DCT models?
Any advice for me going into look at buying, any advantages of a 2018 versus 2019, or dealer “add on” parts to ask for to seal a deal? Ext warranty?
Thanks guys, my 1st bike ever was a Honda @ 14 years old and am now getting ansty to have a dual sport/ adventure type bike again after owning enjoying the XR650R for years.
?????

·
Registered
170 Posts
hello MPNM!!!

i paid 15,500 OTD for a 2018 ATAS DCT, slightly used with 800 mikes, back in August.

i thought i got a good deal.

but, now i see the prices for the left overs, and i bet you can get a muuuuuch better deal now. get the 2018 left overs, exactly the same as the 2019, just the color changed.

i do love my DCT, but, i just need to instal a rear brake lever on the left hand, where the clutch would go. why? because i sometimes need my right leg down and i need the rear brake at the same time.

seat height should be no problem at 5'10. you can put the high seat on the low position. or, get the standard seat.

due to my short legs, i have the low seat on the low position and always wear my dr. martens that give me 1 extra inch. i'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. sucks.

cheers dude!

safe riding and keep us posted with the deal you got!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome MPNM. As far as seat height goes, I'm 5'11 and can flat foot on the high seat setting. Doesn't mean I don't have to be careful! I've never even tried the low seat setting. These bikes are tall and require attention when coming to a stop. My bike is manual but ride the DCT just to see what suits you. Both are great, it's up to personal preference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts