Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I’m Paul aka AfricaTwinGuy. I currently have a Suzuki M109R but when the 2018 Africa Twin hits the showroom here in Australia I will have one of them.........I hope.

I’m really looking forward to getting into adventure touring, bit of a change from the cruiser. I’ve had the M109R for about 9 years and hate to see her go but I need a new interest and the AT is very enticing.

Would love to keep both bikes but regos and insurance is far too expensive so can only afford 1.

Anyway ride safe.

Paul

·
Registered
163 Posts
all the best i have the '16 model ABS and its very nice. overall a great bike for covering everything from moderate offroad work ie. 4x4 style tracks right up to long days on bitumen. i think youll be happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AfricaTwinGuy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Paul Where abouts are you in Australia I'm On sa/vic border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone. I’m Paul aka AfricaTwinGuy. I currently have a Suzuki M109R but when the 2018 Africa Twin hits the showroom here in Australia I will have one of them.........I hope.

I’m really looking forward to getting into adventure touring, bit of a change from the cruiser. I’ve had the M109R for about 9 years and hate to see her go but I need a new interest and the AT is very enticing.

Would love to keep both bikes but regos and insurance is far too expensive so can only afford 1.

Anyway ride safe.

Paul
Hello Paul welcome from London. And I am sure you will love the Africa twin. I just has my one lowered as I am vertically challenged and I am loving it even more. Safe and happy rides.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good luck - and enjoy it, had mine coming up a year in May - ridden most genre's over many years - but mostly tourers and cruisers.
AT is without a doubt for me the best all rounder I have ever had.
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck - and enjoy it, had mine coming up a year in May - ridden most genre's over many years - but mostly tourers and cruisers.
AT is without a doubt for me the best all rounder I have ever had.
John
Thanks, I check every day to see if there’s any word on when it will get here but all is quiet. The 2017 wasn’t available until around June July so I suppose it will be much the same for the 2018 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts