Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am an AT owner from the North East of England. Ive had the bike since September 2017 and am still loving its all round ability.

Ive been on the UK face book group but I miss the forum feel!

An on/off road trip is fast approaching on the French section of the TET so I will be mining the info and views on suspension and kit choices.

Hopefully I can also add a bit of info at some point.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hi All,

I am an AT owner from the North East of England. Ive had the bike since September 2017 and am still loving its all round ability.

Ive been on the UK face book group but I miss the forum feel!

An on/off road trip is fast approaching on the French section of the TET so I will be mining the info and views on suspension and kit choices.

Hopefully I can also add a bit of info at some point.

Thanks.
Hi Trackpig. It was good to meet you last night at the Wetlands.
When you get your answers on suspension perhaps you can help me with mine. I think it's brilliant, having come from 3 NC750X bikes, but the one thing that niggles me is a slowish speed 'boinging' on what seem to be quite reasonable roads. I've tried increasing the rebound damping and decreasing the compression damping slightly at the front but it hasn't helped.
Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,

Nice to meet you also.

I have to say, it was your investigation into different screens which brought me here in the first place, so thanks for that.

I have all my settings written down but off the top of my head, at the front, I have increased the rebound damping and softened the compression damping from standard.
At the rear, I have reduced the rebound damping and softened the compression.

A smooth ride was the goal, I think Ive achieved that on the road but off road is where I think I need to make a change.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts