Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Made a simple connection drawing for those who are interested in using the dimmer control. I also used a DIY Soldering PCB to solder the relay / diode with the 3 wire leads. View attachment 67181
I still plan to use Your awesome diagram here, but it's just too cold out in my shop, which is basically a carport, to do this kind of work. Looking forward to some better lights for sure.

·
Registered
CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports 2021
11 Posts
Not yet. I've yet to buy the lights I'm wanting due to them not being in stock. I might go ahead and wire up my relays however. Then All I'll have to do is mount the lights, and plug em in. I still haven't decided where I'll tap the wires either. I might have to take the side panels off to find the right spot. View attachment 64241
hi, can I have a zoom out copy of this? Also with the green mark removed. Thanks, highly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not yet. I've yet to buy the lights I'm wanting due to them not being in stock. I might go ahead and wire up my relays however. Then All I'll have to do is mount the lights, and plug em in. I still haven't decided where I'll tap the wires either. I might have to take the side panels off to find the right spot. View attachment 64241

·
Registered
2020 AT DCT
74 Posts
Thoughts?
See the diagram on page one of this thread where I measured both the blue and white wires.
  1. The white wire (H/L LO) on pin 4 of the BCU is 12V all the time when the ignition is switched ON... so high beam switch makes no difference for this wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
See the diagram on page one of this thread where I measured both the blue and white wires.
  1. The white wire (H/L LO) on pin 4 of the BCU is 12V all the time when the ignition is switched ON... so high beam switch makes no difference for this wire.
I meant this pin 19, White.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Auto part

·
Registered
2020 AT DCT
74 Posts
I meant this pin 19, White. View attachment 68257
That should work. I can’t see the common but assume it’s 12V. Just make sure to use a low draw relay so as not to load down the BCU input and a diode to protect from reverse EMF when the relay deenergizes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That should work. I can’t see the common but assume it’s 12V. Just make sure to use a low draw relay so as not to load down the BCU input and a diode to protect from reverse EMF when the relay deenergizes.
I will be using a single channel electronic relay module for aduino. I would highly appreciate if there is a complete wiring diagram of the BCU showing the end of the control cable.

If I am not mistaken and someone informed me that handle bar controls are COM wires. So there should be no issue about reverse voltage. Only tapping for a signal.

Module description:
1. the module uses genuine quality relay, normally open interfaces Maximum load: AC 250V/10A, DC 30V/10A;
2. using SMD optocoupler isolation, driving ability, stable performance; trigger current 5mA;
3. the module Operating voltage 5V 9V 12V 24V ;
4. the module can be high or low by a jumper setting trigger;
5. fault-tolerant design, even if the control line is broken, the relay will not operate;
6. the power indicator (green), the relay status indicator (red)
7. the interface design of human nature, all interfaces are available through a direct connection terminal leads, very convenient
8. module size: 50mm*26mm*18.5mm (L*W*H)

Module interface:
1. DC+: positive power supply (VCC)
2. DC-: negative power supply (GND)
3. IN: can be high or low level control relay

Relay outputs:
1. NO: normally open relay interface
2. COM: Common Interface Relays
3. NC: normally closed relay interface

High and low level trigger options:
It is low level trigger when jumper connect to LOW pin
It is high level trigger when jumper connect to HIGH pin

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,357 Posts
interesting … On my 18AS I have no issues with just running a simple standard 12v relay using the high beam as a trigger. it woks fine, but then, I’m using the hot wire to the high beam bulb as the trigger…

21 - 31 of 31 Posts