Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member from Rockhampton, Australia. Thinking about buying the AT so decided to join this forum to get the lowdown from owners of this bike. Can't find any demo bikes yet in Aus, so may be a while before I can test ride one. Reviews look promising, but journalist reviews rarely give bikes bad reviews. Looking forward to participating in this forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome.....I have ordered mine in Melbourne and they say the ETA is around 12 February......can't wait.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome, mine is due in around the 12 th Feb , sorry I can't be more help, I've gone for the DCT,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,

New member from Rockhampton, Australia. Thinking about buying the AT so decided to join this forum to get the lowdown from owners of this bike. Can't find any demo bikes yet in Aus, so may be a while before I can test ride one. Reviews look promising, but journalist reviews rarely give bikes bad reviews. Looking forward to participating in this forum.

welcome to the forum,i have a AT on order i think its going to be here the end of feb,im currently ridding a crosstorer and 500X

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also in Melbourne and considering the Tricolour ABS model. Can't wait to test ride both the manual and DCT models!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm also in Melbourne and considering the Tricolour ABS model. Can't wait to test ride both the manual and DCT models!
Couldn't be bothered for the test ride, I know it will be fantastic, so I ordered sight unseen. I have ordered the same as you are considering.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Couldn't be bothered for the test ride, I know it will be fantastic, so I ordered sight unseen. I have ordered the same as you are considering.......
Let me know what you think of yours as I won't be getting mine until later in the year

·
Registered
44 Posts
Okey Dokey.......and since your in Melbourne we might have to catch up for a ride, or at least a get together when I eventually get mine........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I'm from Brisbane and ordered a tri colour DCT at the end of December. My dealer Pro Honda had a pre-release press bike on display for a short time today. Seems that the bike is doing the rounds of the dealers as it was on its way to Toowoomba this afternoon. It was a silver base model (non ABS). Looked great but I didn't like the silver colour.

The sales guy said they were expecting one or more demo bikes in about a week and the first stock a week later. Looking forward to mine becoming available.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A quick shout out to everyone interested in an Africa Twin in OZ. I visited Top Gun Honda in Ipswich today who had an Africa Twin there for only an hour. The bike looked and sounded amazing. Even more impressive when seen in the flesh. I ended up ordering a Tricolour DCT. Went a DCT because of smooth changes while 2up touring (no helmet clash) and I liked the fact that if your in the slow, sandy snotty stuff, your feet can be off the pegs ready to 'catch' the bike yet still change gears. Let's also remember it is almost impossible to stall. As for the extra 10 kgs for the DCT, I weigh only 74 so with that in mind the bike should still have plenty of up and go. They say the bike will be a few weeks away.

Keep the shiny side up!

Wadeo

·
Registered
44 Posts
.....well that's certainly positive news, my dealer has not heard a thing yet when they are arriving.........:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Funny thing is Aus AT, that this bike we were all on yesterday was from Victoria. I noted that specifically when I looked at the plates on the bike.

Cheers Wadeo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Funny thing is Aus AT, that this bike we were all on yesterday was from Victoria. I noted that specifically when I looked at the plates on the bike.

Cheers Wadeo
....thanks for that:(:(:(........hopefully the 12th Feb. is still correct.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts