Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m Jeff, new to the forum and new to the Africa Twin. Yesterday i bought myself a 2016 AT DCT
Bike is being delivered next week, and I cant wait.
I just sold my 1996 Honda transalp 600 to upgrade to a DCT model. Mainly because i commute to work daily on the bike and I lost two fingers in my left hand after a work accident.

33 years young, father of two boys, and living together with my girl in a small Belgian town.
I love skateboarding, music, camping, being outdoor.

Just gonna be reading here about the 2016 AT dct, and once I have mine next week I will try and share my opinions!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
Hi and welcome & congrats..

Reactions: OSJ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi OSJ. Welcome to the forum from London, UK. Glad to see you went for the best colour :D
I had that Givi screen on my 2016 AT DCT - works well, so well in fact that it's now on my new(er) ATAS... Reduce, reuse, recycle etc
Let us know how your first rides go!
FTB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi OSJ. Welcome to the forum from London, UK. Glad to see you went for the best colour :D
I had that Givi screen on my 2016 AT DCT - works well, so well in fact that it's now on my new(er) ATAS... Reduce, reuse, recycle etc
Let us know how your first rides go!
FTB
Thats good to hear, thanks. Can I ask how tall you are, I’m 1,90m so I’m hoping the air flow does the trick for me on the daily highway rides!

·
Registered
71 Posts
@OSJ Welcome. I'm like you, anxious to my new (to me) Adventure Sports DCT 30 Anniversary to arrive.
Greetings from Portugal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because of the corona crisis the chain and sprocket didnt get delivered yet so the delivery of the 2016 AT is gonna be next week.
The buyer of my Transalp is kind enough to let me keep riding my Transalp for a few more days. But damnit I wish I had my AT in the garage!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First ride today, did about 100km on it. 30km to work, 30km back but that ended up being around 70km.

What a joy to ride. Still switching between d and s modes to figure out what i prefer. Also took it up a little gravel road to see what the different traction control settings and the “g” setting does to the rear wheel.
Now lets keep it sunny and keep riding!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7A152A5C-B87E-4E71-9ED1-5E9D4A110DDD.jpeg

Added the windscreen brace from www.adventure-bike.be
I think Jasper is also on this forum, I dont personally know him but I like to support local bussiness so I went with a local option for the screen brace. I like how it looks & I like the price!

Got an x-grip 2ndhand that also came with the extention stainless piece so it sits nice and high!

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
View attachment 55356

Added the windscreen brace from www.adventure-bike.be
I think Jasper is also on this forum, I dont personally know him but I like to support local bussiness so I went with a local option for the screen brace. I like how it looks & I like the price!

Got an x-grip 2ndhand that also came with the extention stainless piece so it sits nice and high!
That looks quite functional OSJ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts