Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CRF 1100 L (SD 08)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My name is Thorsten. I am from Germany and have been riding a CRF 1100 L (SD 08) since June 2021, with which I have ridden 24,000 km in the last 7 months. Apart from that, I also own a CB 1100 EX and an XBR 500, which still needs to be restored.

I ride a motorbike all year round and do about 40,000 km per year. I ride daily to work, sometimes smaller day trips and a few bigger tours a year. Selected tour reports & pictures of the last years (for a first impression) can be found on my website Motorräder und Touren. It is in German, but you can change the language in the upper right corner to English and other languages (Google translate).

Planned for this year are: Slovakia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania (and maybe Russia).

Regarding the changes to my AT:

Done:
  • Main stand: Honda
  • fog lights: MotoBozzo
  • cases: Hepco & Becker Xplorer side cases 40L (already existing from my CB)
  • Side carrier: Hepco & Becker (non-cutout)
  • Topcase / luggage carrier: Hepco & Becker easyrack
  • Handguard: Barkbusters Storm & Blizzard
  • Side stand extension: Aliexpress
  • Brake / clutch lever: Raximo BCF - foldable

procured, installation still pending:
  • Crash bar: Heed Bunker black
  • Socket, 12V: noname (ebay)
  • heated grips: Daytona 4-stage with built-in switch

planned:
  • Horn
  • Footrests rider
  • footrests pillion
  • better engine protection
  • Brake pedal (foldable)
  • Pillion saddle
  • Tool roll
  • Navigation holder

·
Registered
CRF 1100 L (SD 08)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love your profile picture 😄 These signs always mark the most fun roads in Slovenia! Also, which country did you enjoy the most?

true:cool:

I see you are from Slovenia - a wonderful country. I love it every time I am there. I lived nearby for 12 years and was very often there.

It's true, this warning sign seems like an invitation for motorcyclists :giggle:
I have occasionally photographed some of these signs: Warning signs or tourist information for motorcyclists?
I should continue this...

I can't say which country I enjoyed the most. Every country has its charm, especially if you are a motorcyclist on a big tour riding the small and smallest country roads there. I almost always had very good contact with the locals very quickly. I enjoy this kind of travelling very much.

All in all, I must say that I particularly love south-eastern and eastern Europe.
People, food, landscape are special in the best sense.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,001 Posts
Hi and welcome

Reactions: itsme67

·
Registered
'16 Honda Africa Twin
7 Posts
Hi,

My name is Thorsten. I am from Germany and have been riding a CRF 1100 L (SD 08) since June 2021, with which I have ridden 24,000 km in the last 7 months. Apart from that, I also own a CB 1100 EX and an XBR 500, which still needs to be restored.

I ride a motorbike all year round and do about 40,000 km per year. I ride daily to work, sometimes smaller day trips and a few bigger tours a year. Selected tour reports & pictures of the last years (for a first impression) can be found on my website Motorräder und Touren. It is in German, but you can change the language in the upper right corner to English and other languages (Google translate).

Planned for this year are: Slovakia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania (and maybe Russia).

Regarding the changes to my AT:

Done:
  • Main stand: Honda
  • fog lights: MotoBozzo
  • cases: Hepco & Becker Xplorer side cases 40L (already existing from my CB)
  • Side carrier: Hepco & Becker (non-cutout)
  • Topcase / luggage carrier: Hepco & Becker easyrack
  • Handguard: Barkbusters Storm & Blizzard
  • Side stand extension: Aliexpress
  • Brake / clutch lever: Raximo BCF - foldable

procured, installation still pending:
  • Crash bar: Heed Bunker black
  • Socket, 12V: noname (ebay)
  • heated grips: Daytona 4-stage with built-in switch

planned:
  • Horn
  • Footrests rider
  • footrests pillion
  • better engine protection
  • Brake pedal (foldable)
  • Pillion saddle
  • Tool roll
  • Navigation holder
Hello, I am moving from Texas to Austria in October and sending along my '16 AT manual. Looking forward to some great rides!

·
Registered
CRF 1100 L (SD 08)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I am moving from Texas to Austria in October and sending along my '16 AT manual. Looking forward to some great rides!

Hi,

Austria is wonderful, nice people, good food, beautiful scenery and lots of possibilities for great rides, both in Austria and across countries to Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia etc. For Austria only as a first start:

Not Austria, but a must as long as you are in the region: La Route des Grandes Alpes

Which region of Austria are you going to?
I come from the north of Germany, but I lived in Austria for 15 years. And with a bit of luck I'll be in the western part of Austria & Italy in the second half of October with my 2020 Africa twin manual.

·
Registered
'16 Honda Africa Twin
7 Posts
Hi,

Austria is wonderful, nice people, good food, beautiful scenery and lots of possibilities for great rides, both in Austria and across countries to Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia etc. For Austria only as a first start:

Not Austria, but a must as long as you are in the region: La Route des Grandes Alpes

Which region of Austria are you going to?
I come from the north of Germany, but I lived in Austria for 15 years. And with a bit of luck I'll be in the western part of Austria & Italy in the second half of October with my 2020 Africa twin manual.
Thank you for the routes. I am moving to Vienna, 19th district.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts