Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide whether the AT is right for me, I love a good tank range, but maybe I'll forgo that for everything else it seems so good at. Anyway, I'm here to browse to get more information and maybe make a decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What other bikes are you considering?
V-Strom 650, but it has less off-road ability and might be a little gutless for me.
800 GSA, but it's $21,800 compared to the AT at $16,000. $5,800 would buy all the extras I'd need plus a shiny new helmet.

I won't even bother considering the Ducati Enduro at $31,000 the Triumph XCA at $27,000 the GS at $29,600 or 12GSA at $32,300

Yes, bikes are quite expensive in Turkey.

The V-Strom is $11,600 which is quite a bit less than the AT, but I've already got the feeling I'd be disappointed with one (my last bike was a 12GS....in the days before high taxes pushed prices sky high).

But the AT's tank range......

I think that before I push the button I'll have to know Safari or another tank maker has plans to make something bigger.

EDIT:

I just found news of the Adventure Sports concept shown earlier this year, which looks like it might be equipped with a bigger tank as standard.

'Finger hovers above the buy now button'

·
Registered
124 Posts
I sold my v strom 650 this year and I would say you would be disappointed. The wee is a good bike but for off road it falls short. The AT is far superior in almost every aspect compared to the wee 650 and the AT is well worth the extra $$.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I manage about 50 km less on the AT than my mates on 12GSs, and quite a bit more than the guys on the 800 GSs.

It's a cracking bike, don't doubt to much ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts