Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Giovanni and I live near Turin.
I own a CRF Rally AT since September.

I have already installed some aftermarkets accessories, I will soon post some pictures.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Honda accessory tall windshield, that I do like. This windshield is polycarbonate, which is the best! I did notice that made in Italy is stamped at the bottom of this windshield. I wonder if GIVI makes this windshield for Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have the OEM tall windshield but I did not notice the "made in Italy", I will give a look to check if also mine is made in Italy. never heard that GIVI provides OEM accessories but could be.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ciao Gio, ben venuto welcome from Australia, from what i see on google map you have some beautiful mountains to the west of Turin, I am sure you will enjoy the AT on your mountain rides :) My family originated from Pordenone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! yes a lot of mountains here, we are also near to "Route des Grandes Alpes", never made it one shot but maybe next summer i will try.
I have already tested them with a 600RR and last year with a VFR800X; now is the turn of the AT.

Also Pordenone has a lot of mountains; have you ever been there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Gio
Welcome to the forum and AT ownership.
I rode down from the UK and stayed in Bardonechia in June and rode along the Assietta and Finestre on my Africa Twin, there was still a lot of snow up there but great fun all the same. I enjoyed it so much I came back down to the Alps with my wife on the back and rode the Route De Grande Alps. It takes me two days to get down to the Alps and two days to get back, I guess you could be there in an hour or two from Turin !
Enjoy your new bike.

Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
Stop making me jellous,I'm still waiting on one for 2017:rage:.was biking in northern Italy 10 weeks ago.lovely views.tried to make the moto Gucci museum but it was closed.best of luck with your AT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Gio
Welcome to the forum and AT ownership.
I rode down from the UK and stayed in Bardonechia in June and rode along the Assietta and Finestre on my Africa Twin, there was still a lot of snow up there but great fun all the same. I enjoyed it so much I came back down to the Alps with my wife on the back and rode the Route De Grande Alps. It takes me two days to get down to the Alps and two days to get back, I guess you could be there in an hour or two from Turin !
Enjoy your new bike.

Mike
thanks mate.
I was near Bardonecchia beginning July for 10 days (Sauze d'Oulx) and from there I made many trips: Iseran, Galibier, Agnel, Bonette, Croix de Fer, Echelle but with my old bike (VFR800X), I just changed her end of Sept so next year I am planning to do Finestre and Assietta too :)
Yep from Turin i have one hour or less if I take the highway (but booooring).

Stop making me jellous,I'm still waiting on one for 2017:rage:.was biking in northern Italy 10 weeks ago.lovely views.tried to make the moto Gucci museum but it was closed.best of luck with your AT.
Unfortunately I just know the west side, waiting the spring to do some weekend on the east side too :)
never been in the Guzzi museum, it should be interesting.
thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
thanks! yes a lot of mountains here, we are also near to "Route des Grandes Alpes", never made it one shot but maybe next summer i will try.
I have already tested them with a 600RR and last year with a VFR800X; now is the turn of the AT.

Also Pordenone has a lot of mountains; have you ever been there?
Ciao Gio, I've been to Pordenone for 6 months in 1973, that was a long time ago my friend when i was a boy just 15, :(
I didn't ride in Italy, but I do remember we went driving many times up into the mountains. I still remember thinking "one day I want to ride these roads on a motorbike"
Can I ask, do you have many dirt roads close to you, where you can ride Off-road for more than 1hr?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I ask, do you have many dirt roads close to you, where you can ride Off-road for more than 1hr?
I am not so expert as being before on a 600RR and VFR800X I was not looking so much at dirty roads.
I know, I hope to do them next year, that Assietta is a good one of about 60 kms, there should be also "Colle delle finestre" that would be good and it is somehow connected to Assietta.

I have to investigate but if not here in Italy, pretty sure that in France (one hour and something from here) there would be many.

Sorry still not an expert :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts