Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just paid a deposit on a 2017 manual Tri-color. Was going to wait for the 2018s to come, but the dealer in Scottsdale made too good a deal to pass up. I figure I can pay taxes & put all the accessories I want on the bike and still be well under the msrp. I spend half the year in AZ, then travel all over North America in my Winnebago Navion RV towing the bike on a bike trailer for the rest of the year ...retired :) Will fly down from Seattle in June to pick up the bike. Currently riding a V-Strom 650.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'd be curious to hear your comparison of the AT with the Vstrom. My buddies and I are heading out on a summer tour and they all have Vstroms. Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wombat, you will be stoked out of your mind. Silky smooth and dang fun off road. Your v-strom buds won't be able to touch you in the rough. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the welcome notes. I did rent a AT from MotoQuest in Portland for a day, just to confirm before I laid down my hard earned scratch. Knew in 10 minutes I had to have one. It was a proper let-down getting back on the V-Strom after 300 miles on the AT. Passing the time shopping for essential add-on accessories :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Wombat. Are you the only Wombat in Arizona? I found a picture of you with a crazy Aussie bloke.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crikey how'd ya get my photo with Steve-o.
Naa, actually I'm an ex-pat Aussie now living in the states.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up my new 2017 manual Tri Color a few days ago at Western Honda Powersports in Scottsdale. great buying experience. Been busy installing a few accessories. Givi Crash Bars, Top Box, Bark Busters, Wiring for: Zumo, TPMS, 2 x 12V outles (one in top box), Gerbing wiring, Trickle charger plug. Programable brake light flasher, grip tape and fender riser kit just arrived for tomorrows project.
So happy with how the bike rides so far. looking forward to trying it out on some gravel.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts