Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on the new Africa Twin

You will love that bike on the seasonal & forest roads. I've been riding in Southern NY & Northern PA

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yea where are you from and what dealer did you buy it from, I'm in NE PA and waiting on the second delivery till I get mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pottstown!

I'm from Pottstown. I was able to pick it up the next day after that post. I absolutely love it. This is the bike I''ve been looking for. I was tempted by the GSs and even the XR1000 but at half the cost, and with way more off road prowess, THIS is the bike. I'm coming of an '06 Honda 599. I only drove it to work and back so I got about 50 miles on her. So cool. Manual clutch feels like butter, throaty stock exhaust... I think I'm going with the OEM panniers so I don't have to deal with installing mounting rack.

I bought it from Kiss Cycles here in P-town. He has one left, the red and white one and he said that's all he'll get for the year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Edintheclouds,

Congrats!

I'm down in York, PA. Retired the FJR1300 and picked up a KLR650 for trail riding. After seriously considering the Triumph Explorer (riding buddy is trying to convince me), my mind has settled on the AT. However, I need to finish my PhD program next summer before I can justify the expense.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Peace

·
Registered
170 Posts
Picked mine up September 3rd, looks like were getting enough here in the NE to have a get together. Took mine on some state forest roads out and around Poe Paddy State Park by State College last Sunday. Many more roads out there to explore, check it out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey just spotted a Rally AT on RT 14 just west of Canton Pa at 11:30 am. The wife and I were out on the ST so I'm sure they didn't notice me. We were stopping at the fire company fair that was going on there. Dodged the rain for 230 miles but the wife was cold, stayed right around 57 degrees and cloudy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Benezette PA

My wife and I spent 5 days , checking out the Elk and dual sport riding last week. She rode her BMW G650GS and I brought my AT. Lots of sun shine , Elk , and great riding. Here I am washing my bike and a nice bull Elk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking forward to the winter to be over!

Somebody in Boyertown bought the other AT in red that Kiss cycle had. Send me a PM.

I'm definitely doing the State College 7 mountains ride next September. We should get a pack of AT riders from PA to ride out!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks like we got 5 or 6 of us right here, we defiantly have to try a get together. Any one going to DirtDaze in NY this June. I plan on getting up there for a long weekend. Anyone interested and wants to ride along leave me know. I plan on riding up Thursday and coming home Sunday. Looks like fun, check it out.
https://dirtdazerally.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be attending DirtDaze as well but I'm heading up on Tuesday afternoon as I need to get back home Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I'll have to haul my AT up there if the wife decides to tag along.

Also, there is a more local event May 20th & 21st in Hancock, NY hosted by Bear Creek Sportsmen. However, it is mostly single track with a lot of technical sections but I've seen GSAs and other big bikes there in past years. Not quite ready to subject my new AT to that so I'll be taking my KTM 525. I believe you need an AMA card to ride their events.
http://www.bearcreeksportsmen.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts