Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm Scottish but now living in Victoria, Australia.

I picked up my ATAS on Friday from the dealer. Promptly dropped it at standstill and picked it up again.

Love the bike when it is upright! I'm looking forward to learning from others experience, hints and tips.

Gordon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Gordon, and welcome. Sorry to hear your ATAS needed a lie down, but congrats on getting it up again. Hopefully not too much "patina" added at this early stage.... :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,750 Posts
Hi and welcome
and no worries, the AT really lovers her nap time; you’ll find a LOT of posts about it around here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To add to the embarrassment the staff from the dealer ran out to help pick it up! Clutch lever bent, plastic hand guard cracked and "Chocolate Honda pannier broken.
Apart from that all good. Love it when up and running.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow,
Dropped so soon, that sucks. I thought I was soon after procurement to drop mine. Oh well, very, very happy you were able to upright it by yourself. They are heavy girls for sure. Nap time retrieval is for me, not too fun. But, you got yours upright and ready to ride again, OUTSTANDING. May I ask, you say "chocolate" pannier, did you install pannier boxes already? What's "chocolate"?
Scott

P.S., May I also ask, what manner did you use to pick it up, butt against the bike and grab the handlebar and grab handle at the rear?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow,
Dropped so soon, that sucks. I thought I was soon after procurement to drop mine. Oh well, very, very happy you were able to upright it by yourself. They are heavy girls for sure. Nap time retrieval is for me, not too fun. But, you got yours upright and ready to ride again, OUTSTANDING. May I ask, you say "chocolate" pannier, did you install pannier boxes already? What's "chocolate"?
Scott

P.S., May I also ask, what manner did you use to pick it up, butt against the bike and grab the handlebar and grab handle at the rear?
The term "chocolate" was reference to how poor and easily broken the Genuine Honda panniers are! :)

I picked it up using the bum against the bike, straight back method. I think the adrenaline and extra motivation from embarrassment helped too. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Roger that Sir. Appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Yes, the adrenaline and embarresment can help with lifting. Unfortunately, when I dropped mine, the tank was facing downhill and I was on the pavement. The tank was almost full. So, there was no way in he.. I was gonna pick it up. Fortunately, there were to helpful people to help lift the big girl up so I could be on my way, damaged ego and all.
Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roger that Sir. Appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Yes, the adrenaline and embarresment can help with lifting. Unfortunately, when I dropped mine, the tank was facing downhill and I was on the pavement. The tank was almost full. So, there was no way in he.. I was gonna pick it up. Fortunately, there were to helpful people to help lift the big girl up so I could be on my way, damaged ego and all.
Scott
A full tank doesn't make it any easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts