Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd say hi!

We moved from the Algarve, Portugal to Vancouver Island Feb 2013 and sadly had to leave our trusty 2003 Varadero XL1000V behind due to Canadian import restrictions :(
I was pretty much into the touring scene in Europe and kicked off the International Varadero Forum back in 2003 when I bought our bike new. Later went to a few Varadero International meetings in various locations in Europe. Great bunch of international people behind that scene for sure! Looking very keenly towards the CRF AT coming to North America and maybe catching up with a few owners... once we have some!!

Ride safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vancouver has some awesome places to ride. I went to school there for a while.

I hear Portugal is nice too though, so you seem pretty spoiled to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It'll be a CRF1000L Africa Twin next that's for sure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome , i can tell you that the AT is a worthy replacement of the mighty Vara , mainly because of the weight loss .

·
Registered
19 Posts
It'll be a CRF1000L Africa Twin next that's for sure.
It is a nice bike,- you won't be dissapointed. Been cruising around East Sooke and Metchosin today. Some pretty nice riding in the area. Surprisingly, the AT behaved very well in the twisty stuff, even for such a heavy bike with the huge 21" hoop at the front.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered a new AT DCT in Rally Red scheme. Taking delivery in July/August depending on my work as I am away a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts