Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm Reynald swiss biker, that enjoys it's brand new AT since now 3 weeks, after 3 years on a MT-09 and alltogether
7 years on Yamahas, I wanted something to go on travels around europe, with price drops it was about time tu upgrade !

Cheers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, you'll love it!
I can't wait to travel through the Swiss alps again this summer, I'm always a bit jealous of you guys when I go there ;) .
How are the laws on off-roading in Switzerland?

Cheers!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well normaly, if there isn't any sign that says you can't go with a motorcycle or kind of moped, it should be okay to ride.
Then the problem is private grounds not always marked and in the mountains you should not even take the cycling roads.

Also I even being a local, would be worried about barb or plain stell wires, attached at about throat height between trees, there are some crazy peasants or forest people that want to hurt dirt riders, because they ride around their homes...

Don't forget the stupid over the top ecologists, that will berate you because you're riding a motorised vehicle, within the forest or any track of land !

And believe me you don't want to get fined in Switzerland, we just have fines for everything and it's crazy expensive !

But yes all the alps are pretty much good roads and great vistas for foreigners.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahah je ne suis pas seul ! Salut Palomar !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts