Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, 18 month’s ago I made a decision to get back into bikes after taking a 23 year break and looking from a distance. Why so long you might be thinking? In 1995 I had one of those life changing experiences where I was lucky to survive, nothing associated to bikes I might add.
I was left with a disability and now wear a prosthetic left arm. So along comes the ATAS DCT and I just couldn’t resist the challenge. With a small adaptation moving the indicator switch to the right side I have covered 1800 miles.
Now looking forward to getting more miles on the clock this year once we get through this virus lockdown.
Happy biking to you all.
Take care.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Hey Ashley - Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations for many reasons.

The DCT is enabling for many it seems, and until now I have only read and listened to folk who were impeded by things like arthritis and other muscular challenges. It is nice to learn you are able to leverage the Honda ATAS DCT offering. That really is fantastic.

·
Administrator
3,288 Posts
That's awesome to hear you are back on a bike and meeting the challenges. It is great you were able to make the DCT work for you with minimum modifications as well.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ashley - Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations for many reasons.

The DCT is enabling for many it seems, and until now I have only read and listened to folk who were impeded by things like arthritis and other muscular challenges. It is nice to learn you are able to leverage the Honda ATAS DCT offering. That really is fantastic.
Thank you..

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
Hi and welcome to you

Reactions: Africa Ashley
1 - 11 of 11 Posts