Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps Just purchased a late model 2017 for the price is what helped my decision over the 2018. Moving away from the Sports bikes as you just cant resist the urge and get pinged..lol Lots of mods to come and have already started..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Jason. I also have moved on from sports bikes. Great fun but the Africa Twin is another planet! So much more to ride in Australia when you add in the dirt.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same as you two fellas...Sold the R1 a few years ago, then I was going to buy a Tuono V4 1100, but got the AT instead. Best move I ever made. I've had it 2 years now and been all over western NSW and SA. So much more left to discover. Awesome bike! Get yourselves some decent 50/50 tyres and get going!

·
Registered
165 Posts
50/50 tyres and long rides await! Derek, I think your name beats mine. Jason is probably kicking himself for not having a silly name. I'd suggest Jason Kevin Bacon. Sincerely, Scorch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep i still have the Fireblade but after riding this around for the last month starting to think it might be up for sale, defiantly a grate bike for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a familiar story grew up on dirt bikes moved to Sports bike and will never go back after riding my AT for 2 years, I miss the thrill and speed/handling of a sports bikes but not the hassle of the Boys in Blue and the risk of being caught speeding and losing your license. You can find a back road on a AT and know you have it to yourself and the feeling of getting away from the mainstream nothing beats it. Enjoy... change the stock tires asap +100% improvement off road.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Crank, spot on! I am still running my bike in and already finding myself speeding constantly, which isn't that bad considering a big sports bike had me speeding on one wheel every ride. The dreams of tearing up back roads, dirt or paved are now just waiting. This bike opens up so many options for riding, and improving my riding to go with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also traded in a 16 Gixer1000 & enjoying the experience. I do honestly miss the HP at times but for 95% of my riding the AT is all I need. Twice the tyre life, more MPG & comfier all day long. Sounds good too stock!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R.M must of been hard if your from Ireland i'm still a huge road race fan hope to get to TT one day..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts